Project X Beetle gets a Colt stage III cam

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We were in such a rush last year, starting Project X Diesel “the beetle “6 weeks before Hot Rods Drag Week 2009. we didn't get all we wanted to do.

The head was rushed thru the process, Now that we had a little time; we send the beetle head back to Greg at ZZ custom fabrication, to get a little fluffing, and get on the flow bench.
The numbers were really great. We picked up from the bottom to the top, with a peak gain of 65% and a average gain of 52 %. The head wants to flow above 400 lift. This new cam will spend a lot of time above that number.

Kerma is the exclusive distributor for the Colt TDI cams

I degreed in the cam , and checked piston to valve clearance.

gregdegreeingincam-1.jpg

gregdegreeingincam2-1.jpg

Did you end up with my experimental stage 3 cam after all?

It’s a colt cam design, Chris sent it to me, I have a few of my own as well, but since Kerma is the exclusive distributor for Colts TDI cams in America, and Kerma is part of my group I am using this cam. I did convert to solid lifters and my new dual springs, titanium retainers and valves.

I rolled the cam thru, and like the numbers, it was very close to the cam I ran last year, with a lot more lift.

It’s a colt cam design, Chris sent it to me, I have a few of my own as well, but since Kerma is the exclusive distributor for Colts TDI cams in America, and Kerma is part of my group I am using this cam. I did convert to solid lifters and my new dual springs, titanium retainers and valves.

I rolled the cam thru, and like the numbers, it was very close to the cam I ran last year, with a lot more lift.
Haha, yup, that's the cam Geoff designed for me a while back. I sent it to Chris up in MA because he was supposedly going to dyno a huge batch of different grinds. He never held up his end of the bargain and Geoff asked me if my cam could go to you guys since you needed one on short notice. My pistons are flycut so I can run more lift anway :D

What did the P2V clearance end up being anyway? Geoff was concerned about it not clearing in a stock motor.

Back