Project X diesel VS, Ford GT

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
This was fun racing a GT , and if you will notice, zero Smoke at the 60’ . The only smoke we had was on the burn out and on launch before we tuned the NX progressive Nitrous , and with a little advice from Dennis Perry on staging , of a street truck, we then acomplished practically no smoke.

The truck leaves with 5 PSI boost and the progressive NX rolled smoothly in to a 1.62 60’
The industrial injection silver Bullet was very responsive, for as big a turbo as it is , we never saw boost over 45 lbs, but that was expected with the RayMac advanced port work and ZZ intake and custom street cam . The air flows in to the motor and dose not produce the restrictive back pressure on the intake side, most call big boost.

This is the future of diesel street performance , practical no smoke, 862 hp and 1650 torque, and 11.72 quarter mile times with a RPM limited 118 mph. an drive it 3800 miles on the road averaging over 20 mpg .
So much so that the guy in the other lane has a new truck on order from us .

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Would be nice if there was, I saw the guys from Hot Rod Magazine shooting some ,don’t know when they will release them, but I do know that there is a upcoming article in Hot Rod concerning Project X and Drag Week. The attention that this event has brought the diesel movement is incredible, and it’s really ramping up in that respect.

This months Diesel Power has a big article about Project X and its participation in the Hot Rod Magazine DRAG WEEK event, and that is where the picture is from,. I would guess that next year there will be a few diesel trucks and for that mater a few diesel powered muscles Cars. The whole week was an adventure in it self, we never had more then a few hours sleep a night, but we finished 3rd in our class, couldn’t slow it down predictable enough to bring the average the needed .003 of a second to win.

Hogue figured out immediately that Brown in his bone stock Ford GT was the man to beat. That guy kept making pass after pass in the low 12s high 11s trying to ? that perfect 12sec average. Alright, two could play that game. Hogue started making rapid fire passes but he could only make three runs and then he'd have to wait in line to have the nitrous bottle refilled.
Are you sure that things not a Ford or a Chebie lol?

Was looking forward to more Project X coverage but saw nothing in this months Diesel Power?

There are quite a few pages in this month’s issue of Diesel Power, which is where the picture originated from. Diesel Power is now the highest selling magazine off the news stand; they even eclipsed Hot Rod Magazine congratulations David Kennedy.

There is a lot more coming from the Texas Mile in March where the truck is being ready to run a standing mile with MPH in the traps the goal. We estimate 180 + mph.

The is the thought of going to Pikes peak also, along with a few Dyno events , we are confident that 1000 hp is already on tap with just a little more tune up

Greg...I gotta ask this.
You never promoted the "No smoke" stuff in the Dr.P truck...why is it a big deal now ? Oh yea....cause Banks says smoke is wasted power....

I think the no smoke thing is great. Smoke is going to be the death of this hobby. If people/companies would start showing that big power can be made with out the smoke, maybe the hillbillies would start to get it. Smoke is unburnt fuel.

I found a write up in Dec issue but not in Jan?

UNBROKEN said:
Greg...I gotta ask this.
You never promoted the "No smoke" stuff in the Dr.P truck...why is it a big deal now ? Oh yea....cause Banks says smoke is wasted power....

HAHAHAAHA :eek:wned:

I have never liked smoke, in the past and have always advocated as little smoke as possible. I knew that smoke is just unburned fuel, which absorbs heat in the combustion chamber and definitively hurts power, I haven’t been able to prove it until now, now I have seen that any smoke and the acceleration rate is hurt. I did not have smoke on my first good racing engine, and the second would have been easy to tune out, if I had of had the time or the want to. You should see some of the custom water jetted billet fuel plates that were progressive and limited over fueling. The neat part is with the new electronics available the days of mechanical pumps are coming to a close.

duke1n said:
I think the no smoke thing is great. Smoke is going to be the death of this hobby. If people/companies would start showing that big power can be made with out the smoke, maybe the hillbillies would start to get it. Smoke is unburnt fuel.

I found a write up in Dec issue but not in Jan?
So are you going to bet robbie that you can beat him without having any visable smoke? What a joke

I just got the mag and read the article Greg...pretty hectic week it looked like.

It’s in the February issue,

Its not hillbilly it’s HillJack, if your talking about knowledgeable diesel people

It was unreal, David Kennedy and I averaged a few hours of sleep a night. I was already tired going in to this weekend. Wes Snow, myself and a few of helpers at Kirk Manuel’s Dodge Dealership along with a few others spent the week before finishing the truck.

The wheels didn’t arrive until Thursday at 4:45 pm. I had a plane to catch 980 miles away in Cordova Illinois at 11:45 the next morning , heading to Atlanta to run the Diesel Pro Mod race.

Kirk Manuel who was also the owner of my competition eliminator Dragster , was packing the truck, and acquiring the proper dealership plates and insurances paper work. Kirk and Cory Daniels a Marine from the base went to work mounting all six tires. I rolled out at 6:45 that night and rolled in to Cordova airport at 10:30 am the next morning, finding a TDR member as a guard at the airport He had a nice 4WD dodge, and offered to put Project X Diesel in the employee parking a more secure place. I flew back to Cordova on Sunday afternoon and picked up David and we headed to the racetrack. So it started out that way.

Last edited:
Ok HillJack it is lol

"Your" is a possessive pronoun. "You're" is a contraction. There is a difference. I'm thinking a grammar 101 for diesel hilljacks class may be in order but I digress lol.

Looking forward to the Feb issue and more on Projext X.

I had to date my second semester rhetoric and composition TA to get a C , and that was the second time to take it. It’s like having to drive a ford; it’s ok as long as your friends don’t see you. My degree is in Geology of petroleum, but thanks for the English lesson, I sure need it

damnit I knew I forgot something today!!! thank you for the reminder!

Back