Project X diesel VS, Ford GT

COMP461 said:
I’ll be at a track somewhere in the future where you will be but don’t know if I will have Project X at that particular race , but you could still line up , with the intense race schedule and public appearances. I’m not sure when. .

On a side Bar since you mention your RT, I’m usually not to bad myself, when it counted for a whole year my AIV (average in competition) light while running Competition Eliminator was a .027. This average was while line up beside some of the intimidating legends of the NHRA.

That's great Greg:Cheer: But we aint talking about 2500 lb. gassers with boxes, transbrakes, or any other launching aids:doh: We are talking foot braking, spooling, and launching off the converter in a 7500+ lb brick :poke: :evil

I hope you can make it, as it's going to be a great time!!:snoop:

And here are just a few examples to show you I do know a little about how to get off the line :evil

A 12.02 w/ .037
12.02.jpg

A 12.09 w/ .061
12.09.jpg

A 12.15 w/ .023
12.15.jpg

And a 11.88 w/ .082.......I was sleeping there LOL
11.88.jpg

:Cheer:

Not bad at all, I have been working on the a few like that with Project X but the average lights I was referring to, was not with the aid of a Box, it’s not legal in Comp. In fact, in comp I was subjected to tear down a few times that year looking for a box, because of my average. I’ve never run a box, and even in bracket racing never will. The only way to get good consistent lights is practice, and then practices a little more. I have read that Jeg’s Coughlin, during his championship season did 1000 practice hits a day.

The real trick to a good reaction time is not to try to hit the tree at the right timer, but for the driver to do exactly the same every time and bring the vehicles reaction time to the driver. This is accomplished with tire height, tire pressure, and different release methods. I would in a pro tree situation on a truck run the shortest front tire possible, this would greatly reduce the vehicles reaction time

COMP461 said:
but for the driver to do exactly the same every time

That's what I wanna get better at. I'm pretty well always in the mid to low
.500's but it's usually scattered around within that range. I'd like to keep it in the .525 range and under like most of my racer friends.

Danny...we'd be hard pressed to find anyone who's made more passes than you in a diesel truck. LOL

And DAMN.... a .000 ?
We have a winner ! LOL

wow, that great stats , you need to run in some of the No-E races , the money is getting stupid, $5000 on two different days at the same track .

Ah. Yeah, I plan on hittin' a lot of races this year.

COMP461 said:
what class will you be running , I'm running Top Sportsman ,SC and SG along with Kirk Manuels SS/DM in divisonal races

Not sure what class I'd run. I'm going into their site now. Are you going to be at the Gatornationals?

DJ :evil

i have contacted barry at nadp hopeing to try to get him to get project x at the march 24th obx diesel bnounty hunter race.dockboy and dj have each committed to try and make this event if you can get there with project x it will be a good place to settle some of the hype....

Back