Project X

cldaniels

I talked to Greg Houge last thursday evening, he set out to drive the Project X truck (03 Crew Cab SB Dodge with a Ray Mack ported head, new cam, Industrial injection turbo, ATS header, ZZ Fab intake that drinks water meth and nitrous, injectors, fuel pump, FASS fuel system, MBRP 5" exaust and a Predator with a Diablo controller) all night to Cordova,IL from Ft.Worth. By the time I called him he had already gone through a tank of diesel and was averaging 22.7 MPG with the cruise on 80! We have'nt been able to put it on a dyno yet because we finished working on it Wednesday night, but after lunch on thurs we gave a new GTO a swift kick in the pants.

I had a chance to talk with Greg on project X this weekend, sounds like it will be a kick in the pats to the gasser trash he'll be runing with. What I would really enjoy seeing is the gasser fella's running like heck to set their cars up in 30 minutes....while Greg is sitting in the shade drinking a cold drink after filling the water tanks and hooking up the NOS LOL LOL

This thing sounds killer... Any Pics of it yet. Greg seemed REALLY excited about it.

i helped wes one day at lunch pulling the tranny, then i helped greg put the front end back on it that evening. the truck should be a blast, wes got to drive it, said it was fun. i have not seen it since i worked on it. greg had a heck of a time getting it together in time for drag week. lets just hope nothing comes up, he didn't have any time to dial it in before they left.

Greg Called and said it Dynoed 860/1655 on the Juice at Illinois Dyno Center In front of the guys from DP mag. The truck has an II SB66, Ray-Mac Head,"Hogue Special" Cam, ZZ intake, Dr. Performance stage 3 module, NX progressive NOS system with one 125 pill, and a Diablo Predator. He is gonna try to get me a sheet.
You can read about drag week here:

http://www.hotrod.com/dragweek/hdrp_drag_week_2006_coverage/

Here is a pic

Attachments

• hdrp_dragweek07_141_z.jpg
    hdrp_dragweek07_141_z.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Greg also wanted to thank Dennis Perry for his help

He said 13.4 on motor without electronics.

hdrp_dragweek07_141_z.jpg

this is Greg Monday

It would have only made about 600, but notice the Comp D sticker at the top of the back window..........

Good for at least 100 HP a piece I fgure. LOL

Timbeaux38 said:
It would have only made about 600, but notice the Comp D sticker at the top of the back window..........

Good for at least 100 HP a piece I fgure. LOL

I need to but a few more on my rig, then maybe I can break 300LOL LOL

So at the end of this Hot Rod Drag Week, how did the truck fare out against its competition? What were the best mpg's for the week? And how about the lowest ET's recorded? Fastest mph?

The drives to the tracks musta been pretty fun!:evil :evil

Huh that's a pretty clean looking Camaro next to us.......:evil :evil - who here knows where I'm going hereLOL LOL

Seriously has the performance diesel broadsided these gasser hot rodders?:poke:

I think they are catching on, pretty hard to deny 4x4 trucks in the 10's:woohoo:.

Darn, im going to have to think of a "project name" for my truck to be cool. We got project X project 11:30 and various other ones, i feel out of the loop...Tim send me some comp diesel stickers so i can be at least a little cool

Back