Promoting Diesel Drag Racing

GANDJDIESEL

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We are going to show up a few days early for the events. The truck will be put on display at some locations to draw the locals in.
If some of you want to bring your trucks to help out give me a call.
I fell we need to do something to get the people to attend or our sport will fade away.
What do you guys think?
Thanks
Brad

Fine Idea... Around here, when there is any show in town (NASCAR, IRL, Superbike, etc.) You see displays at many of the local establishments.

Great Idea! Get some Hero Cards and give out to the kids, they love that stuff!

Great thought, this is common practice in the drag racing world.
One possibility if you will get with a local dealership, far enough in advance you can usually get expense money and exposure in the way of possible radio remotes with that dealership.
You can check with the local media outlets, they always have opportunity’s if you have something that is enough of a draw
I usually get with the radio and try to do a few mins of promoting, The morning news television stations are always looking for a story.
I do a lot of nation radio shows as well, and mentioning reginal events makes a impact .

here are some air show displays ,

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

schools are another good place

careerday7.jpg

We are going to show up a few days early for the events. The truck will be put on display at some locations to draw the locals in.
If some of you want to bring your trucks to help out give me a call.
I fell we need to do something to get the people to attend or our sport will fade away.
What do you guys think?
Thanks
Brad

There was an event at a county fair a couple years ago in Palmdale, CA where they had a few pullers roped off (including Scott's Big Bad Dodge) and the grandstands were pretty darn full, a lot more people showed up in the stands than at most diesel events I know when I was a little kid if I saw something like a mod puller or hot drag truck I would throw a fit until my parents said they'd take me ;)

Having these type of vehicles on display is a darn good idea.

We do this stuff locally when we can, even if there isn't an event you can arrange to set up and draw a crowd in to attract folks to the specific business your set up at i.e. 4 wheel parts, Les Schwab tires, Smother Brothers anything of that nature. Pro card are good and even an 8x10 that you take to Kinko’s and have a box of printed is fairly cheap, then sign them for the kids.

DSC01513.JPG

T-Shirts are another great way to represent as well, we sell them at the events and through the internet, approx 200 annually.

BBD

My truck will be down in the shop in cheyenne on friday before the douglas event to help out, I gotta grab the truck around 4pm and head to a sled pull but hopefully it helps...

Yes sir, I think any type of advertising of these awesome machines is a great idea. We all should be doing this for the sport, promote all we can because I love this sport and hopefully soon I should be able to compete. I have seen NASCAR, MONSTER TRUCKS, NHRA Drag cars and lots of other motorsports partake in local advertising set up in various locations like our military bases, as I am retired Army myself, shopping centers, tire shops, malls, dealership's and lots other places like everyone said before me. We need to sell ourselves with business cards, flier's of any diesel event and photo's of these, again, awesome machine's that you all have. Keep it up, whatever you do. Love this website, love the sport and all you people that make it happen, THANK'S!!

I think this is a great idea brad. The more people see what these trucks are capable of up close the more interest in the sport there will be. I have a couple more trucks that will be at our shop on friday as well with you. Hopefully we get a good turn out.

Maybe a major babe in a small bikini standing by the truck handing out free tickets to the race?:woohoo:

We just got the engine back in Max'd Out and Rob is going to due some T&T this weekend. Not sure if we can head over any earlier than Wed or Thurs or we'd help you out. Great Idea.

Appears to be a couple of radio stations in Douglas as well,

KKTY This is the country station
247 N Russell Ave
Douglas, WY 82633
307-358-3636

KYOD
1837 Madora Ave # 3
Douglas, WY 82633
307-358-6177

Doesn't appear to be a local TV station, closest is probably Cheyenne.

Just taking my truck to test and tune at the Atlanta Dragway last night got a lot of attention from the locals. I was one of only two diesel truck's racing, but I couldn't tell you how many people came up to me asking me about my truck and what not. The more attention drawn to organized diesel competition the better!

I think it's a great idea. I've been trying to think of ways to get local interest in the ISSPRO sponsored race on July 24, and I think this is the ticket. We only have one decent sized diesel shop around here (Source Automotive), and one other manufacturer (Vulcan), but we have several small shops that would probably be good places to set up as well. Looking forward to seeing how well it works in Douglas! Hell, I'm just looking forward to that trip in general!

Back