Prostreet trucks for sale????

GreenMeanie5.9

Poop Naked
so there are currently 6 "prostreet" trucks for sale on here. is there something I don't know about? why is everyone trying to ditch the class?

IMO this is the class to come see. since guys are now starting to run in the 8's is that scaring people away?

Just courious?

They are expensive to run.

They are more expensive to run and compete.

Hauling ass is not cheap, or easy.

Most folks do not realize this when buying them.

I got tired of neglecting my wife & kids so I can go run my truck down the track 2-3 times...blow up another tranny and spend $3,500 for less than a minute of fun.

Don't get me wrong...if I had millions of dollars I would still have my truck!

Nothing worse then working 60-80 hours a week....spending all night long several nights in a row to get ready for a race. Driving hours to get there & the damn race gets rained out.

after going to almost every race this year with the NHRDA, there was a low of 3 (B.C.) and a high of 10 trucks (Florida). Average of 5 trucks, so i'm guessing everyone is running them at the local track or letting them collect dust in the garage and tired of looking at them

My truck broke on the first outing after I bought it.
Gradually gathering parts and plan on East coast races next season. Working on changing from a hood stack to bed stack so I can run super street also. work gets in the way also!

after going to almost every race this year with the NHRDA, there was a low of 3 (B.C.) and a high of 10 trucks (Florida). Average of 5 trucks, so i'm guessing everyone is running them at the local track or letting them collect dust in the garage and tired of looking at them

There has been 16+ @ TS for the last several years.

Its time for someone else to carry the torch. For those that don't know, this is probably THE most expensive class to run and be competitive. I campaigned my truck for a very long time with the help of a lot of people and business's. Without that help it would have been impossible to afford. Pretty much all of the trucks that I see for sale are all top notch and ready to run. We have done the hard part for the next owner.

yep, they are just too expensive for the average person. The other thing is payout. It's not like you can win a decent amount of money to justify the cost. Pretty much needs to be a shop, major sponsor, and someone that has alot of time and money.

We took a poll at Diesel Power Challenge on "when was your truck the most fun?" Everyone had the same answer....600rwhp street truck. Fast enough to take out 99% of everything out on the road, yet still dependable and drivable. My guess is there will be a few more of those out there after the Pro Street owners sell their stuff.

There has been 16+ @ TS for the last several years.

I want to say there were close to 20 pro street trucks at Indy NHRDA in 2012, huge turnout.

Doesn't help we got stiffed for $20k on a pulling engine. So we stuck the drag truck engine in the pulling truck and put the pro street truck up for sale :soap:

I want to say there were close to 20 pro street trucks at Indy NHRDA in 2012, huge turnout.

Doesn't help we got stiffed for $20k on a pulling engine. So we stuck the drag truck engine in the pulling truck and put the pro street truck up for sale :soap:

In a puller, you don't see the guardrails 2 or 3 times after a launch either LOL

That truck's an animal, I hope someone buys it.

I understand what you all are saying. I mean my dad and i have been trying to get the truck dialed in since 2007... with little luck. I agree with out owning a shop, having large sponsors, or having the ability and knowledge and time ro do everything yourself its almost impossible to be competetave.

And in my opinion the payouts are the racers fault partially. If you want to get paid you need to.show up . But then again thats a gamble because who knows whos gunna show up.

This is the hardest Class to compete in plain and simple. Cant deny that.

I know I've talked to a lot of guys who are just tired of the scene and want a change of pace.

If something doesn't change, there will be so many trucks in the 11.90/12.0 class, it'll take all day to run em

Ha ha ypu would have been better off keeping the motor in the drag truck. Lol

O god! It will be like the 2.6 class! But less boring

Seems the majority disagree. :) I stuck around once after the pulls at scheid to see the drag racing. Let's just say finding a good seat was not an issue. :)

I definitely don't drag race for the crowds and following. I wish the sport had more fans because it is really sad when the only people spectating at a race are the racers.

Glad this thread popped up, as I have been wondering the same thing. Some of the responses are making me second guess my current efforts to build a PS truck...which I only choose to go that route because the truck will probably weigh 45-4900 pounds when a heavy ass Cummins is put into a fairly light classic truck and the records were still in the 9's. LOL oh well, here I come on a military income and no sponsors. LOL

Back