proud daddy

Bponci

rookie
Just a proud father that want everybody to know that my daughter kimberlee went to semi finals today in her first gen. She had been getting used to the new combo doing her burnout, locking the convertor, launching and shifting to od at the correct moment. She started the day off running a 12.60 and the worked down to a 12.29 then a 12.28 and finaly a 12.22 while breaking out in final round. The trucks best run of the day was a 12.22 @ 109.4 with a 1.74 60 ft. She did a 16 psi boost launch and the trans was shifting quite a bit early on its own. ( need to change the 1-2 and the 2-3 shift springs. This was with the original 12mm non I/c pump compound turboed 1989 2wd non I/c truck running distilled water injection at 27* timing. I know there's more in it with seat time and a bit more left in the pump. I am so proud of her I can't express it thru a keyboard.

Good job Ponci's! :)

Nice 60ft too, especially for drag radials!

Pic of truck:

main.php

Wow, 1.74 is excellent for non-slicks on these heavy front bias 2wd trucks. What are you/she running for rear suspension? 1.74 is pretty close to my best 60' time with true drag slicks!

Thanks guys! She is running 3 leafs in the rear with kyb shocks and my traction bars that I built. BTW this truck has the original 12mm ve pump still. Im pretty sure she may be the fastest 12mm ve pumped 1st gen on fuel. I have heard that the number to beat was 12.37 and that was with a 12mm ve, water/meth and nitrous. Can anyone verify this for me?

I don't know if they ever got it into the 11s or not, but C12H26 would know...it's his truck.
[ame="http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/JCampbell8703/media/7597c1e4.mp4.html"]7597c1e4.mp4 Video by JCampbell8703 | Photobucket[/ame]

Congrats Brad and Kim. Sounds like a great day at the track. She is really putting it down now, 11's soon.

Congrats to both of you two. Very cool/clean set-up in person.

very Cool Brad and Kim.. she is doing a heck of a job driving and you build one heck of a truck.. Congratulations to both of you.. keep up the good work.

What trans are you guys running? From a first gen guy very impressive.

Back