Puking oil out of breather tube

gulfcoastkustom

I started puking a good amount of oil from my breather tube today on my way home from work at highway speeds. I noticed that my air is only coming out of the defrost vents as well. Truck is still running great with no excessive smoke or loss of power. Can my problems be related? The only thing I have done recently is a dash replacement. Truck is the 2000 QCSB from my signature block. Thanks in advance.

Your problems are unrelated. Your dash issue is most likely no vacuum to the cab.

You have a vacume leak. You vacume pump pumping all the time with the leak is the reason for your blowby and oil from the breather.

Pony is correct, as the vacuum pump vents into the crank case & with a leak puts excessive pressure in the case & gives you the blow-by.
Go over all of your underhood vacuum connections.

Ed

You have a vacume leak. You vacume pump pumping all the time with the leak is the reason for your blowby and oil from the breather.

Thanks a bunch guys. I was reading alot of stuff about knuked pistons, broken rings and bad injectors but the truck still ran great. I found the culprit after getting your feedback. The main vacuum line from the pump was disconnected and hidden behind my hydroboost, I just couldn't see it at first. Drove it to work this morning and had dash vents back and no oil leak. Thanks!!!!

To prevent it in the future, go to the autoparts store & get 2'-3' of vacuum line & ant 90* or T connector you need to replace all of the deteriorated rubber under the hood. Once 1 gets loose, it's time to replace them all. Just be sure to put any of the "Flying saucer" looking things in the proper orientation, as that is very important.

Ed

good news O.P.! how pissed would you be on a motor tear down that doesnt need it?!

Always start with your easy things to check like vacuum leaks so forth. I would still do a compression test before a full tear down to verify the ring if the blowby isn't caused by the vacuum leak.

Back