Pulling a Reg Cab???

BigYellowIron

Diesel Tech
Well I am looking for some suggestions on my suspension setup.
I have seen several reg cabs hook very smooth.
My truck always trys to start bouncing.
I block the rear suspension solid.
I have two bars that come from the bottom of the rear axle to the frame ( at the rear of the cab).
I also made one bar that comes from the top of the rear axle housing to the hitch.

I was going to add two leafs to each side on the rear spring pack.
Should the bars be longer?

What other suggestions can you provide to get rid of my bounce.

I have thought about blocking the front axle where it sets solid with the weight hung on it?

I am just running out of Ideas?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Adam

Clamp your springs that will cut alot of the bouning out. Also get some very long traction bars. That should cure your bouncing problems

What size tubing did you use for your traction bars? Could br flexing if you are hopping in the rear?

You can try mounting your bar to the top and bottom of your axle tube and shackle mounting the front. That gives you a more direct link to stop axle wrap, and a two bars for strength, and will still ride great. I am no puller, but this setup works well on my jeep, and I only run one in the center.

too much pressure in the rear for one, i learned that last year. i think 45 is better for the rear.

sorry, dont know how to get my pics to post. they are too big. I am trying to get them into my gallery.

I run 50+ in my rears, no issues. I would try clamping the springs. 95 and older trucks have a little weaker frame than the 96+ trucks.

curious what clamping the srings does for a truck that has a blocked solid suspension? The springs would never come into play with a solid block should they?

If you start to bounce they could come into play, as well as helping resist any type of spring wrap. Theoretically if you can keep the rear on the stops and the ladder bars are solid, then no it wouldn't add much benefit. If your coming out of the hole hard and the truck comes up off the stops the clamps would "dampen" the motion.

How high does the back of the truck sit? Did you raise the back of the truck when you put in the suspension stops? And the last ? do you hang weights on the front?

If you start to bounce they could come into play, as well as helping resist any type of spring wrap. Theoretically if you can keep the rear on the stops and the ladder bars are solid, then no it wouldn't add much benefit. If your coming out of the hole hard and the truck comes up off the stops the clamps would "dampen" the motion.

X2 If i dont clamp my springs mine bounces pretty bad

I raise the rear of my truck with some helper springs and then put my stops in so i start out with the truck raked foreward and then it levels out while pulling

you definitly dont want to make the front axle solid ar limited. I had a terrible problem with my front axle bouncing and them it caused the whole truck to bounce. I made a single large traction bar that bolts around the front differential and works just like a ladder bar with a double pivot mount on the trans crossmember. Works perfectly and the truck now pulls as smoot as possible.

Kyle

I have my rear blocked per the rules (1" of travel), long traction bars coming off the bottom of the axle to a point on the frame just at the back of the cab, some nasty rear springs (most say too stiff....I say it hooks good), moved the hitch foward, and hung as much as I could off the front.

Since I like pimping videos, here is one of my more dialed in hooks from last year (I was working with some tuning/turbo issues most of the season...what can I say, its a 7.3.......)

Truck Pulling Video

Jason

I raise the rear of my truck with some helper springs and then put my stops in so i start out with the truck raked foreward and then it levels out while pulling

What ever you do, if you have a GMC don't chain the front. :bang:kick:

Back