Pulling tires what to run?

Crewcabstripper

Pulling seasons coming up and I need new tires. Figured I'd ask what everyone's going to be running on there pullers? or what you ran last season. And how do you line them? My truck (in sig) is my daily driver and i run 35x12.5x17 tires on it. I want to stay with that size. Seeing if any new tires have came out since last year and what you think of them if you tried any.

What brand are you running now? For something you're still driving on the street I'd suggest BFG or General

I was looking into the pitbull rockers but was thinking they might be Alittle to aggressive. And would you be allowed to run them on the track? I like them and want some aggressive tires all around mud snow pulling sand ect. I've always been a fan of super swampers and the last set of tires I had from them were the trxus M/T radial on my bronco. Right now I have cooper discoverer stt on my cummins

I have ran mickey thompson atz and are good and last dd. Thinking of going to bfg at.

I have ran mickey thompson atz and are good and last dd. Thinking of going to bfg at.

Why the switch to bfg's? Finally got the money for some tires so now just need to make up my mind was looking into the Mickey Thompson mtz's anyone have any bad to say about them?

Yea I've read all of them seems the best are STS's and BFG all terrains. These are on my daily driver so need to watch for tread wear. Was mentioned that if you run the sts you shouldn't run them on the street any other opinions on this? How are they in mud and snow ill be going to an off road park here and there so gotta be able to get me out of a mess if needed

Im just trying something new. I no the bfg at ko last and pull good. So you not try them on my dd/weekend puller. But I also haven't seen how they fair in price. The atz I have had about two and a half years and have over 1/8 inch tread still. Along with some burnouts.

I had the sts on my dd 7.3 put 20k miles on them and hooked every chance I could and showed very little ware. I really liked them and they were quite, went decent off road and decent in the snow.

i run giant pullers, really noisy on the street over about 3mph and wear fast. they hook good on all tracks i've been on so far

Go with BFGs. They are a good all around tire and a great for sled pulling and DDing. If your worried about wear just keep proper air pressure in them and rotate them regularly. I believe air pressure is key to getting the maximum life out of tires. No matter what you are doing with the truck, you need to make the proper air pressure changes.

I would never buy mickey Thompson, had some Mtz on my old truck didn't last no time dad had atz on his f-150 and probably loudest worst riding tire I have rode on, both run good year duratracs and very pleased I run 35's he running 33's

I found a set of bfg at's that are 305/65/16 and are 8 ply. Do most of you pullers run 10 ply?

Back