Pulling w/Automatic in street stock

FORDTUF

I've been pulling street class for fun for a long time, but it was with V-10 F250. I've got my first diesel new back in 2010, its a 2011 F350 with an H&S deleted and 5" straight pipe out the back, it is my daily driver. It's DP Dyno'd at 501 HP / 1097 TQ.

I run 295/60/20 Nitto Terras and have let it shift in auto, but also select shift the auto. I barely get rolling and hit 2 and very quickly am in 3 and often 4th, then when I can tell it's powering down I shift down to 3 and let it go.

I see the manul guys start in 3, 4 or 5th gear so I'm wondering if any automatic pullers do a 3 or 4 launch and how does it compare?

My truck is SRW and my front tires always seem to spin at the end too. I'm looking at getting some 325 wide Terras or maybe even BFG's for the front at least. I'm trying not to make momma mad and buy a whole new set, since it's HER birthday this Monday not mine! LOL

I've got a pull this Saturday night though, usually this is a loose track.
Next Saturday night is DIDC IV, it's in the sled pulling events so I won't say anymore, but it's not real tight either.

Back