Pump Pin

cumins01

Can someone point me in the right direction please. I had the pump timmed at 0* and rotated the engine back 34* and put the gear on. (13mm pump) when I went to rotate the engine back to TDC, I forgot to remove the pin. Where does it go if it broke off?, How do I go about removing the broken part?. I have not looked at it yet, will do when I get off work to see if it broke.
Thanks

Can someone point me in the right direction please. I had the pump timmed at 0* and rotated the engine back 34* and put the gear on. (13mm pump) when I went to rotate the engine back to TDC, I forgot to remove the pin. Where does it go if it broke off?, How do I go about removing the broken part?. I have not looked at it yet, will do when I get off work to see if it broke.
Thanks
Bottom of the pump. I think disassembly of the pump is required to get it out.

Try pulling the plug out, and flushing some oil through the top of the gov housing. It might come out with the oil.

Thanks for the info guys. I removed the plug and pulled the pin out and it broke the lower ear off. Lucky for me it was still attached to the pin just enough it never broke all the way off.

Back