Pump problems

jerums93

So I was fixin fuel leak on the tiny fuel line on pump I pull the linkage off like an dumb a$@ didn't mark timing marks didn't notice it til I put it all back together. It started hit the throttle it died . Now won't start seems like timing is out or something. Anybody have any ideas? I feel like a real Dumb a$@ any help would be great thank you :nail:

You just need to keep jumping teeth till it idles like it did. I start at high idle like 1500rpm, then move down. So you need to rotate the throttle and install the linkage, then start it and see where it's at. It took me a few minutes the first time, now I have it down.

Put it on the 2nd indexing marks. That is the factory mark. So when going in a counter clockwise manner you would be counting 1, 2, etc... (make sense)

Tried moving it on all the marks multiple times it was running away on me it did it for about on hour. Now it won't do anything it acts like it wants to hit but does nothing but crank. I've kept moving marks around still nothing?

Just so it's been asked/said . . .

. . . . did you purge all the air out of the IP after fixing the leak? Have you burped the high-pressure fuel lines at the injectors?

I cracked the injector lines at the injectors just to see if they were getting fuel. Is there something else I should do the fuel leak was the 3 o-rings on the top front banjo fittin on the top side of the pump if that makes a difference.

Back