Put my VP on a dyno yesterday...

hotsmoker350

Hey everyone, well like the title I said, I put my 98 VP with nv4500 on a dyno yesterday and put down 551rwhp and just under 1100 torque. Now I've heard that between 15 and 17% hp is lost in the drivetrain with a manual tranny. So that would put my engine hp at around 630. Do my numbers sound reasonable to anyone? Are they too high or too low? I really have nothing to base them one. Any input would be great, thanks guys
My mods, port and polished head, high performance valve job, heavy valve springs, mikes monster fuel pump, hurricane stage 2 injectors, fass 150, fleece Cheetah turbo, edge drag comp box. Sorry for the long thread guys. Aak questions if needed, might have missed some stuff. Any input would be great. Thanks

does no9t sound like a bad number, don't bother with the % loss and engine hp numbers, you don't drive the engine down the road, you drive the truck. 551 to the wheels is where it starts to get fun, enjoy.

Hey everyone, well like the title I said, I put my 98 VP with nv4500 on a dyno yesterday and put down 551rwhp and just under 1100 torque. Now I've heard that between 15 and 17% hp is lost in the drivetrain with a manual tranny. So that would put my engine hp at around 630. Do my numbers sound reasonable to anyone? Are they too high or too low? I really have nothing to base them one. Any input would be great, thanks guys
My mods, port and polished head, high performance valve job, heavy valve springs, mikes monster fuel pump, hurricane stage 2 injectors, fass 150, fleece Cheetah turbo, edge drag comp box. Sorry for the long thread guys. Aak questions if needed, might have missed some stuff. Any input would be great. Thanks

Pretty much the same stuff I'm running. I think your numbers are a little low. Thanks Steve B.

I sent my stock turbo to fleece and they worked it to their cheetah turbo. I have to keep my stock inlet size for the rules for class I pull in. I'm working on uploading a video from the dyno

That sounds low for a stage 2 pump and 6x.013's. The turbo might be holding you back though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It keeps saying the video is an invalid file when I try uploading it, any ideas? and Im not sure of the turbo specs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xj2o9Dp9Gk&list=UU589MWBE6Lkf9DPzif2k9qA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xj2o9Dp9Gk&list=UU589MWBE6Lkf9DPzif2k9qA[/ame] I hope this works.

needs more turbo. did you play with your settings on the comp? each one is different as to what it likes for the level

Yes we played with it. I can't really do any thing else with the turbo based on the rules of the class I run in.

Back