puting on exhaust and egr deletes tomorrow

bracker8040

Is there any tricks or anything i should no about and do you take the egr completely of or just put the plates in i got my smarty today along with h&s 5in straight, and h&s blocker kit. is there a diference in smarty's as far as fooling the system or are they all the same thanks guys

It's pretty simple if you have basic automotive skills.. Someone may have a way of getting the EGR off complete. I had to take it off in pieces, still wasn't bad though. We used the SMARTY, but Bob had to download something before I got it from him (you're able to do it yourself on the Mads site). I can't remember what it was called now though :doh:

Is there a special option for the dpf delete or does it automatically do it itself i bought it on ebay and the add says dpf delete but i looked on mads site and im not for sure if it is the me version or not or if it matters the reason i ask is cause im running it right now with the dpf still on the truck and it never gave me the option not to sound like i dont know whats going on but i just want everything to go off with out a hitch tomorrow and this is my first 6.7

ME software was loaded onto the smarty before I got it.. It didn't mention anything about having the DPF on or off when I hooked up the Smarty.. DPF and EGR stuff is gone and it has no check engine light, runs great.

if you have the me version load it on the truck. if there are any codes after it is loaded clear them, and you should be fine. worked for me and I got almost everything under the hood, and on the exhaust unplugged.

The egr delete wasn't the best lookin thing under the hood I didn't like the way u had to cap the one egr cooler hose so I removed it and the chopped it and welded the end up to look neater other than that u should like it

i took a piece of hose and ran it across to the other one instead of just plugging them the thing i dont like is i dont have any were to mount my dipstick tube

Glacier diesel sells a bracket to mount the dip stick tube to. You can get it from them or pure diesel power.

Back