Quad Adrenaline Tunes

displacedtexan

$500 PREMIUM MEMBER
Well I'm shopping for a 24v truck now, I just miss having a Cummins.

I'm looking at one with a Quad Adrenaline, with the torque tunes on it.

My biggest question is if you can still track down the different tunes out there for it... And as a sideline any general observations about the box.

My biggest question is if you can still track down the different tunes out there for it... And as a sideline any general observations about the box.

I may have some contact info for the person who bought out Quad. I'm sure this person can find them for ya. I'll have to go back through messages. The info wasn't public knowledge at the time....but surely it is now.

I'll do some digging.

I knew you'd kick that :ford: to the curb eventually. LOL

We all knew I would, I was just a matter of time! LOL

You've got several ways to contact me, so sweet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aaaaaand.....my PM boxes are almost empty and it is only messages from the common riff raff on here. I'll try to remember the guys name. He wanted me to demo some stuff....but I wasn't givin' up my H&S and Murphy. Why you want a Quad fer anyhows?

Mostly because it's already on the truck... I'll give it a shot before moving on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If it has the Pulse Monitor, you can make whatever tunes you want right there on the screen. No need for the other "canned" tunes.

If it's one of the later 4k boxes w/ the v2 monitor, they are ok. I just get tired of Quad's crappy made stuff. My last one was a good box, but still had to play with it to get a good power making tune without all the bucking and surging.

IMO, sell it and pick up a used Hot Juice w/Attitude. The old attitude monitors are tough as nails and edge boxes last forever.

I think quads are great boxes and were pretty underrated. There was a lengthy thread on here (I think?) or one of the other forums that had an insane amount of info in great detail on it. Consistent with what he said about almost writing your own tunes - way more control than any other box I've used. I was a dealer for them before they closed but I really thought it was a great product for vp trucks. You'll like it. It's not certified.

Seriously though. They are good.

Owner @ Power Automotive. ASE Master Certified, L1, T2. I like the Cummins trucks but work on Powerstrokes and Dmaxes all week, every week.

I loved the edge on Darlene... The trucks I had been around with quads were very very temperamental. However I've talked to loads of people who like theirs.
All in all from my experience and reading, you'd be happier selling it and buying an edge or blue chip.

Contact Jigabop. He is hosting the tunes on a site. If you go to Cummins Forum, you can search " Quadzilla tunes "
BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR WINDOWS 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed

I've been wondering when someone was going to do that. Like I said though, the only way I'd own one would be the newer Pulse V2 monitor and 4k box. Write your own tunes.

My favorite fuel box by far is the TST COMP. I got rid of my edge comp and haven't looked back.

If you really want to drop some dough on a box, Nick. I absolutely loved my bluechip fms. Lots of tune-ability and it's flat wicked when in "drag race mode." If money is a problem, edge drag comp all the way. Also ran that on my previous black truck. Both are great boxes for vp rigs and give enough tuning to weed out unwanted smoke. The bluechip was stupid smokey when set to kill, but goodnight did it fly. That was of course only when in that mode. You could make it practically smokeless for cruising.

Do you run a timing box with the FMS. I'm pretty sure it doesn't do timing. I gained a couple tenths in the quarter by adding an EZ to my Redline box

Do you run a timing box with the FMS. I'm pretty sure it doesn't do timing. I gained a couple tenths in the quarter by adding an EZ to my Redline box
The fms does do timing. I never ran a timing box with it. You can get on their website and they have a "test drive" virtual fms box on there if you want to see for yourself.

Back