quadzilla adrenaline issue.. help please

6.5tdshortbus

broke and still spending
ok so been a while since I posted but for the second COLD winter in a row I have ran into the same exact problem and am wondering if any one else has experienced the same issue last year my truck sat for about two months with a exploded transfer case, I went to start it and had to jump start it of course, once it started the check engine light was on, I went to shut the truck of and the truck stays running, I unplugged the adrenaline and it shut right off so I bought another adrenaline and on I went ,I thought I cooked the module from jump starting my truck, but this summer I left my lights on a few times and killed the batteries and jumped it and no issues, but tonight I had to jump start my truck again, again bitter cold and boom the same thing is happening now, any thought or advice? is it common for these modules to wack out in very cold temps? any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

I'm pretty sure in the qaudzilla instructions it says to unhook from battery before you jump your truck

I'd say you're cooking the boards by running them extreme low on voltage. Just my guess.

so you think because the starter is drawing so much from the batteries in this cold weather its not giving the adr enough juice? and that will fry the board??

If it's a junk board I'd guess so. I'm just going off of what happens to are computers on my equipment when they get low and starve for power. Just seems to kill them.

hmm, well guess im just gunna start unplugging it when i first start it in the winter or jump it for that matter im down to my last box witch is a 4k so ill hook that one up tm and run it, i hope the rumors are true that quad is coming back because i have 3 of these things that need fixed now

The manual says to unplug it before any jump starting procedure is attempted. However I'm not sure you are frying boards. Checked all fuses? Is it correctly wired to a switched power source? Opened any of them up for inspection? Usually pretty obvious if they are fried.

I don't know how many times I've jumpstarted somebody with it connected. Never had an issue. I really wonder if you have another issue going on.

I know there are some guys on CF that got pretty deep into these boxes. They may be able to help you. Just search around over there.

Last edited:
like i said no issues in the summer fall or spring this is the second winter in a row it did this and before the first time it lasted two years, my truck usally breaks around late fall and sits over the winter lol

Before you put another box on there you might want to investigate your electrical system. If you have to jump start it you should figure out why. Load test batteries, and bench test alternator (making sure ripple current is <.1) You've been through a few boxes already... if you don't change something you are likely to loose another, possibly the ECM as well.

I think one of the guys goes by headcase. Can be found on here, CF, and mopar1973man

this was the second one, the one that was on the truck when i bought it lasted a while and it was the first to go last winter, so i got paranoid and bought a bunch of spare adrenaline stuff right when they went out of buisness, and i plan on it, i just have to get it to my garage so it can sit inside

You CAN NOT jump start the truck with the Adrenaline connected. I repaired many boxes over time. Quadzilla is now owned by Jacob Kidd (Owner of DAP). He has so far refused to repair any older Quad stuff. I cannot touch it, due to a non compete agreement that I signed, when we were negotiating. If you know electronics at all, I posted the full schematics on CF. Look up " quadzilla hardware thread cumminsforum.com " The schematics are on the last page or 2.

Next time you have to jump your truck, just pull the plug from the Adrenaline box. Yeah, it'll run crappy & throw MAP codes, but you can let it run for a while, shut it down & reconnect it.

Ed

You CAN NOT jump start the truck with the Adrenaline connected. I repaired many boxes over time. Quadzilla is now owned by Jacob Kidd (Owner of DAP). He has so far refused to repair any older Quad stuff. I cannot touch it, due to a non compete agreement that I signed, when we were negotiating. If you know electronics at all, I posted the full schematics on CF. Look up " quadzilla hardware thread cumminsforum.com " The schematics are on the last page or 2.

Next time you have to jump your truck, just pull the plug from the Adrenaline box. Yeah, it'll run crappy & throw MAP codes, but you can let it run for a while, shut it down & reconnect it.

Ed

thank you! I got the truck running, the box did not fry it runs fine no codes or anything?? idk what happend

For the future, I would suggest plugging in a battery tender for when it sits for long periods, & pull the IOD fuse.I think it's in the manual to pull that fuse for long term storage. You have also damaged the batteries by allowing them to run so low. Check & refill with DISTILLED water.

Ed

Back