Question about AN hose fittings

BC847

. . . . Specifically, those fittings designed to "Swivel".

I'm fabricating/installing a remote engine lube-oil filter-head and, as a result of how things land, I've got to come out of both the filter-head, and the oil-cooler cover-plate, at 45/90* angles with -12 hose.
The inlet/outlets of both articles are rather close together thus preventing screwing in the second 45/90* fitting (not enough room to turn).

For example:
The remote filter-head has two 3/4" NPT orifices. I need to come out of them with 90* ELLs . . . ..

OF-Brckt-9_zps1rlwtnh1.jpg

The so-called "Swivel" fittings, do they swivel at the 3/4NPT end? So that I could hold the fitting/hose in place, and screw in the 3/4" end?

To date, I'm only familiar with the fixed fittings.

Thanks, Folks.

Yes, as long as I understood the question correctly, you will be able to hold the hose stationary and thread it in like you want with the 90*

I wouldn't recommend running "live swivel" fittings they tend to have short lives. I would get jic to npt adapters and use 90* JIC fittings on the hoses.

Yes, as long as I understood the question correctly, you will be able to hold the hose stationary and thread it in like you want with the 90*
Yes, you did, and thanks. That's what is was looking to confirm.

I would get jic to npt adapters and use 90* JIC fittings on the hoses.
I've considered that. I've got to ensure the additional height isn't an issue.

Thanks guys. :Cheer:

EARL'S errrthang!!

they make awesome fittings, exclusiving what i use on my truck…and made in the USA

I have found JIC is pretty much a heavy duty AN. I've miss matched in the past to get me out of a pinch.

Last edited:
BMRS Home If you don't see them on there website call them. They are fast shipping and the same price if not cheaper then Summit or Jegs

It turns out, that remote oil filter bracket pictured above, puts the plumbing in the bottom primary's down-pipe. DOH!:bang

So I made another one using 10ga CRS. It places the filter-head plumbing much further away from the DP, points the inlet/outlet 45* toward the hoses while still allowing plenty of clearance/access of the filter itself.

filter-Installed-Top_zpssoipebmp.jpg

filter-installed-bottom_zpsgowx4er0.jpg

Thanks again, folks. :Cheer:

Back