Question About The New Update/No Tuner working

Durallymax

Recently I ordered an H&S 5" Turbo Back exhaust, EGR Cooler Delete, XRT Programmer and A Set Of autometer gauges for an 08 Cummins 6.7.

The truck had been having issues with the Filter light coming on so he took it into the dealer. About 3 weeks ago it recived some sort of a software update but i do not know what it was.

Now I dont know much about the cummins trucks. But I did see a Module on the pass side of the firewall tucked in the corner with a sticker on it that said it was updated. Dont know if thats the ECM or not.

Im assuming this truck got the new update ive heard about that causes the tuners to not work.

My first question is. Is there a way to get rid of this update or find an old ECM or do we just have to wait it out.

I know they are working on it, but EFI Live has been looking into switchable tuning for the LBZ duramax for 3 years now.

Im also assuming that, like the Duramax, you need to have an aftermarket tune to override the EGR Delete and DPF delete.

So basically right now, I cant install his exhaust, EGR Cooler delete, or tuner until things are figured out? Correct? Sounds like a waste of a lot of money for now.

Correct me on some of this or give me some options please. I didnt see much info on here but didnt look too hard either.

Thanks.

from what I have been told the trucks built after 3/09 and any RELACEMENT ecm will have the locked ecm. Updates should not cause it to be locked.

Back