Question on Garrett turbos

redline65

Hi All,

Im a noob to the 12v stuff but did a little experimenting with a fummins build I did. Stock injector truck. 170 pump stock just turned up a little. I put on a stainless diesel t4 manifold and bolted up a gen 2 gtx3584 t4 .84 turbine that I had. Non gated and no I haven’t put in a back pressure guage yet but im going to so I can gather more info. This charger performs extremely well with this setup. Any reason other than price that more guys arent running this?

Just my opinion, but I think the nomenclature for the turbos scares the typical 12V yee yee. Too many numbers.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

It’s 100% price in my opinion. I ran a ton of different setups on gas burners some precision and some Garrett. There’s just a lot of people making big power on the run of the mill Borgs. Until you start talking big money commonrails I don’t see the potential gains being worth the price difference.

Hi All,

Im a noob to the 12v stuff but did a little experimenting with a fummins build I did. Stock injector truck. 170 pump stock just turned up a little. I put on a stainless diesel t4 manifold and bolted up a gen 2 gtx3584 t4 .84 turbine that I had. Non gated and no I haven’t put in a back pressure guage yet but im going to so I can gather more info. This charger performs extremely well with this setup. Any reason other than price that more guys arent running this?

For the most part there are cheaper options you can use with a factory manifold that do just as well or better for the money.

I made 389hp-1000ft lbs with a 58mm Borg unit 10+ years ago, why reinvent the wheel that works...

I would put that setup against any stock injector truck regardless of years, it just was a dream to drive and pull with! Needed better brakes!
Chris

Back