Question on p pump swap.

cumminss2000

I'm in the middle of my p pump swap and i was wondering what you do with the electric plug in for the vp? Just tape it up to stay clean and let it hang there out of the way?

I marked the ECM and removed all wires that were related to the VP setup. Made for a nice clean harness.

Thanks. Also i know I have to move the fuel filter back but will the pump fit with the ECM there or do i have to move that? It looks like it'll fit.

Thanks. Also i know I have to move the fuel filter back but will the pump fit with the ECM there or do i have to move that? It looks like it'll fit.

You will have to relocate it.

If you read through the FAQ or do a search I think there is a write up on how a few guys built some brackets to attach the computer to the master cylinder/booster area.

What do I do with my ECM?

Bracket will need to be fabricated to hold the ECM. An inverted "T" bolted to the brake booster will work. Use your imagination, keep clear of the stearing shaft and other lines.

Last edited:
I attached mine to the master cylinder using a bracket and bent it in a 45* angle toward the engine and mounted it. I had a fass system so no fuel filter.

I got my bracket made. now how do i make the throttle cable work? I've got a 12v cable but the pedal is different and how it mounts to the fire wall.

Did you get a cable for a '98 12v, or an earlier one? '98 cable should work. I modified the arm to accept the stock 24v throttle cable.

Purchased a cable for a 97 dodge 3500, since that is what I stole the pump from. Came with the upgraded ends and all. Went right in, no issues at all.

Back