question on twins

I am thinking about putting twins on my truck. I have a 66/74/12cm. I would like to run that i am thinking about with a s480 or 475. I am wondering would i want 110 exhaust housings on them? I have done a lot of searching threads. I am going to wastegate the 66 i have a 45 from when it was on my 6.0. Is that big enough for the twins?

My other option is a diverter valve for my 70 which i know would help a lot. But i do some towing. Any help is greatly apreciated

I had thought about a 64. well i have the 66 that is why i was thinking about that, and the horse power. Also to save some money.

what do you want to be able to do with the twins? tow race pull haul.......... 64 480 is a great combo for an auto, I always think you can get away with more with a stick.

The truck is for driving also want the horse power and will do sled pulling. I figured the 66 would be good because of the 12 housing. well i have a manual kennys sintered iron double disc. He made me a fly wheel for the conversion. Also when i built the motor i built it with twins in mind. Thanks for the posts i am looking for all the advice i can get

I have haisley's h11 hd ones, This is what i have hd rod bolts, mahle psitons coated, bored 20 over, fire ringed block. Balanced dampener to clutch. head studs, schied pro street pulling cam, 110lb hamilton valve springs, totally rebuilt head, billet push rods, new lifters. 215 pump, flowed and benched at 490cc's right now 5000 springs. 150 horse injs, .093 lines, cross tubes drilled to 93 also. timing is at 20 degrees now. I think that is all.
This should helps some i should of listed all this before.

I was thinking or the 66 and 480 then wast gate the 66 but if that would be to much charger then i am gonna have to re think this. i wanna do it once and right. I want the best of everything power, drivabilty towing. I didn't know if between timing, wast gate, and afc if i would be able to do the 66 or if i have the fuel for it maybe i am thinking to big.

ok then i will look for a smaller charger also how do the spool valves work on a 70, like will it make them very streetable? I am weighing options ethier way.

i never ran the 66 on my cummins, only when my truck was still a 6.0 powerstroke but it worked awesome on there

Yeah, I had one as well, not too many people use the 12cm (.70) with the 74mm.

I can tell you I dont like the .70 with my setup and its a 62. I can only imagine its worse with with a 66 lots of lag and chokes up top.

Back