Question on Weight loss

meathammer

So I have noticed that the 3.0 trucks running all over have their bed floors cut out to save weight. And thats good, but i see they have weight over the rear axle, Looked it up it is 200 pounds. Now correct me if I am wrong, but does the bed floor weight 200 pounds? I feel that cutting the floor out is not worth it, or is it? And why is it worth it? Thanks!

More weight directly over the rear axle may be the point. I am no sled puller, I am just assuming.

Bed floor removed and just the bed side skins is a greater loss then the 200 pounds hanging over the axle. I'm going to do this in the next month so I will post the weight loss just from the bed, ect.

Last edited:
Bed floor removed and just the bed side skins is a greater loss then the 200 pounds hanging over the axle. I'm going to do this in the next month so I will post the weight loss just from the bed, ect.

Okay sweet thanks, I am sure others are wondering the same thing.

The hitch design sometimes would have to go up through the bed floor anyhow, if they had a bed floor.

some places dont require us to run 200# over the rear end which makes it an even bigger advantage

Back