Question?

silvercummins14

Georgia Diesel Mafia
I recently bought an 06 LBZ which is used for daily driving and occasionally puling a small trailer. Ive been thinking of putting a street tune on it (via EFI live) and turning the EGR off. Im not looking for power, its got plenty of power to do what i want in stock form. Besides i have a 12v to make hp with.:rockwoot: I just want something dependable thats gonna last a long time. So my question is what does everyone think would be the best for dependability and longevity? EFI with egr turned off or STOCK? Thanks.

Good EFI tune with egr turned off will be safe and fun to drive. Might as well as add a turbo brake feature in the tune while you are at it.

Im really leaning towards leaving it stock just so it will stay under factory warranty. Do EGR's on these trucks usually give many problems?

Over time, yeah. If you check out how the system works, it's easy to see why it would decrease engine life.

But even if you don't want to run a tune, you can still throw in an EGR blocker plate/fingerstick. This will cockblock the EGR without throwing a Check Engine Light...all for about 50 bucks. Damn good investment.

Last edited:
Over time, yeah. If you check out how the system works, it's easy to see why it would decrease engine life.

But even if you don't want to run a tune, you can still throw in an EGR blocker plate/fingerstick. This will cockblock the EGR without throwing a Check Engine Light...all for about 50 bucks. Damn good investment.

Ok.. cool, didnt know you could run a blocker plate with out having check engine lights come on.

Im really leaning towards leaving it stock just so it will stay under factory warranty. Do EGR's on these trucks usually give many problems?

You might as well add 90 horse to it if your going to flash it anyway. If the cal #'s don't match warrany's out anyway.

Back