Questions about hydrauilcs

turbom700

This has not much of anything to do with Diesel trucks but alot of you in here build some custom things so I thought you might be able to give me a little advice or information.

Little background I recently took a 13hp Murray lawn tractor I had sitting around and added ATV tires in the back and added an extra drive axle behind them. I basically made a lawn tractor a 4x6 ATV. The only purpose for this machine is to plow my driveway and give me something to screw with.

See picture below. “Try not to laugh we are slow at work so I need something to do”

Now the issue. As some of you may know, Minnesota got 18” of snow on Saturday. I plowed the driveway three or 4 times just fine and I was finishing up on plowing and I broke the transaxle that’s in it. I’m not surprised I was asking a lot out of that little thing.

So know I’m looking at using hydraulics, but I’m getting a little overwhelmed at all the information out there.

What size pump do I need?

What size motor do I need to drive the wheels?
I only need to do about 20mph ground speed. But I want a lot of low end power to push and pull stuff with.
To achieve my 20mph with 26” tires here is what I came up with.

My drive tires is 26” in diameter.

One revolution is 81”
If I wanted to do 20mph that 105600 feet an hour or 1,267,200 inches and hour

1,267,200/81” =15644 revs an hour

15644/60=260 rpm.

So it looks like a average high torque low speed motor will do 1000rpm. That good then I can do a 1:5 gearbox to get my torque up.

Anyone got a guess on how much torque I need?

What about control valve?
I want a simple handle I can push forward to go forward and back to go back.

Any good websites to buy this stuff at beside northern tool?

Thanks
Mike

6154e269.jpg

8ab52508.jpg

You need a variable piston pump to a hydraulic motor the vp should be rated at the hp of the motor Look At http://www.surpluscenter.com A vp lets you control the oil flow and pressure by changing the stroke of the pump also lets you back up.

Excellent thank you I was looking at them yesterday.

And Idea what size motor I should put on this then?

Back