Quick Chevy Question

BtsNhoS

I need a truck
Hey guys, yall helped me out a while back with my wifes truck but i got another question for you chevy pros (im a cummins guy) she has an 05 silverado 1500 4X4 (i think the sfi version, i dont know if that matters). Every time she accelerates there is a squeel noise coming from the back left part of the truck. The sound is similar to a brake squeel. A few of us have checked it out and i cant find anything, i also checked online and asked some of the local shop guys. Is there something in particular I can look for? The other thing is that both rear calipers were replaced about a year ago. Thanks for your help. :Cheer:

check the carrier bearing.
my tundra gave it up. sounded the same as you described,

Slap some anti squeak on the brakes, if it helps it will narrow the search down

does it stop at higher speeds or just get drowned out?

JD4440- No she doesnt ride the pedal, its happens anytime and everytime the truck accelerates no matter the speed.
-Ill check the carrier bearing and there is still some anti squeak on the brakes ill try adding more, it doesnt stop at higher speeds, i actually noticed it when i went to pass a guy accelerating from ~55-65

carrier bearing.. money says that if you loosen bolts and turn it against stops it will squeak when u are off the gas... and will be quiet when accelerating

Back