quick tranny swap question

oldblue116

Im doing a nv5600 to 47re swap. I bought the auto tranny mount but didnt notice till now that it is either the wrong mount or i am missing a bracket between the tranny and mount. Im 99% positive that it is just a missing bracket tho. All the dodge dealers would be closed by the time i would make a trip out there to ask for a diagram and only for them to tell me that they do not have it in stock and that it will cost me an arm and a leg im sure. Any help would be great.
Thanks, Mark.

I had the same issue when I went from auto to manual. All you got was a rubber mount with 2 bolts on the bottom lol I had to fab one or look in the wreckers so I took the sides cut them down and welded a piece of flat steel to it to make it work. But then I put the auto back in and had to make another it only took about ah hour so not too long. But your 6 speed is longer than the auto so that might not work as well for you

Last edited:
On the autos u do have a stamped metal bracket that goes in between the tail housing and the mount. Also the bracket is different from 4wd to 2wd.

Ok I'm done mechanically with the swap, now down to wiring. Vss is different, from auto to manual. Do I have to cut the connector and get one for a auto or? What's a good wire to splice for the 5v power to the od/Lu plug. Also what is the transmission control relay output on the connector? And I shouldn't need to have the neutral safety swith working for first fire up as long as I plug the clutch position switch at full position? I'm very bad with wiring...

You need a auto trans harness and pcm on the firewall or it will never work

On a 02 vss comes from the ABS. The trans speed signal should only be for trans function.

So I shouldn't need that at all then? Great. What's a good wire to splice for the 5v power to the od/Lu connector. Also what is the transmission control relay output on the connector? And I shouldn't need to have the neutral safety swith working for first fire up as long as I plug the clutch position switch at full position? I'm very bad with wiring...

Get a 5v dc reducer to drop battery power to 5v. Switch the circuit on with the ignition through a relay, switch the ground side for control.

If its a manual valve body it should be 12v to pin#1 and ground for od/lo pins iirc pin # 5 & 6

The pcm works on 5v but you will not be using a pcm so 12v may be fine. I'm not sure if the solenoids can handle 12v.

Solenoids will handle 12 volts easily. I've had mine setup for over a year and a half with straight 12 volt power to them and they haven't let me down once.

I also run a manual vb

Maybe I'll just take that route. If it fails me I'll know not to do it again lol. What kind of shifter are you running btw? Do you dd it? I haven't driven my truck with this pro ratchet yet, but I have a feeling its gonna get old.

Back