Quiet mufflers

Put anything behind a 30" FTE Resonator. I run the factory one behind one on my 2009. Quiet as a mouse. What year truck are you talking about?

Add Hobie's magnaflow behind an FTE and it will be super quiet I would guess.

I have a silver line muffler behind a 30" FTE, nice and quiet. Before the FTE I had to yell at passengers so they could hear me.

The truck is a 99 3500....the muffler that was on it finally rotted away to nothing. So now I have a straight pipe and can feel the fillings rattle out of my teeth when I tow something. Where can I purchase said FTP?

30" FTE with a 4" diamond-eye 'glasspack' style muffler, quiet is the word.

Buy the FTE, the long one (30") and run it by itself. Then if you want quieter, get a muffler. I have a feeling you'll like it by itself. I ran a single stack on my 02 with a 5" FTE only. LOVED it. $.02

Buy the FTE, the long one (30") and run it by itself. Then if you want quieter, get a muffler. I have a feeling you'll like it by itself. I ran a single stack on my 02 with a 5" FTE only. LOVED it. $.02

I think that's what I am going to try first.....I have a new muffler for a Mack RD collecting dust, but I didn't know how bad it would hurt my egt's seeing it isn't a straight through design and if don't really have time to experiment.

Connect the FTE directly to your downpipe. It will get rid of the drone in the cab. Don't put it at the back.

I mounted one behind the MBRP muffler in my exhaust. Truck is quiet, and... for sale. You want it ? Save you messing with your exhaust. LOL

Is there enough room to do that?

On the '02 it went downpipe, FTE, 90 deg elbow up into a single stack at the front passenger corner of the bed.

On the '09 it goes FTE, a few feet of pipe, then back into the stock muffler and tailpipe in the stock position....soon it will 90 up into a single stack too after a bed swap. :evil

Sorry, Jeffery, didn't know you sold resonators. I only said FTE 'cause that is what I've had two of and loved them.

On the '02 it went downpipe, FTE, 90 deg elbow up into a single stack at the front passenger corner of the bed.

On the '09 it goes FTE, a few feet of pipe, then back into the stock muffler and tailpipe in the stock position....soon it will 90 up into a single stack too after a bed swap. :evil

Sorry, Jeffery, didn't know you sold resonators. I only said FTE 'cause that is what I've had two of and loved them.

So you are saying run the FTE beside the transmission?

Back