Radiator sizes

ramtough01

Did some searching and didn't come up with much so figured I ask. I know some still run coolant through there head or block. What are you running for a radiator besides the stock one in a dodge puller.

I run one out of a 2003 or 2004 v6 gas 3/4 ton Dodge in my 2.6 truck. Much smaller in thickness and width. I just cut down the factory top hose down some and it fit in pretty well. I run a filled block so I just have an inline electric pump on the bottom of the radiator pumping to the head. But the only reason I even have one is to meet the local organizations rules.

They put v6 in a 3/4 dodge? But will have to look into that. Cause I want to put radiator on one side then intercooler on other side

windle and marlow ran pretty similar radiator setups. which would fit about the idea you described.

I ran a small hyd/trans cooler. I dont think its 12x12.Didnt have any overheating issues with it. Always wondered if it would work so we tried it

I just like Gearhart have a 318 v6 radiator in mine just to meet local rules. I have a coolant thru out (head and block) with no thermostat and it never gets above 140* (2 electric fans and electric water pump in stock location) radiator fits in stock location just fine using existing holes.

They put v6 in a 3/4 dodge? But will have to look into that. Cause I want to put radiator on one side then intercooler on other side

It might be a 1/2 ton thing now that I think about it but it still meet the rules. I have mine offset to one side kind of like what you're talking about. I could send you a couple pics if you wanted to PM me your number.

You can also just buy a core and have some tanks welded on. I think this is 24x17 or something. It doesnt need to be real big.

Attachments

• 20140412_182252.jpg
    20140412_182252.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Also does i matter if the filler and cap is little lower then the highest point?

Back