Radio Upgrade?

I just got a double din touch screen kenwood DDX419 sweet unitfits really nice in the nav face plate! Now if I can only figure out no sound and the two extra wire going to a "CAN B"??

Do you have a factory infinity amp?

If so you must run new speaker wires direct from radio to your speakers with new Speakers. Otherwise they will sound like crap.

Nope it's the standard system "thank god" Not sure what it is yet! I downloaded a few wire schematics but none of the colors match My harness! Going to start from scratch in the morning!

There should be a kit you buy from orielly, auto zone or Walmart that plugs into your factory harness that will allow you to splice your radio harness in. You have that right?

Oh Yeah did that just double checked the harness everything is correct but no sound??
On the 20 pin the

5 can b bus +
6 can bus -
16 right audio output
17 common audio output
They are empty on the plug.
Going to call kenwood this morning! Hope they have a tech line!

Last edited:
Oh Yeah did that just double checked the harness everything is correct but no sound??
On the 20 pin the

5 can b bus +
6 can bus -
16 right audio output
17 common audio output
They are empty on the plug.
Going to call kenwood this morning! Hope they have a tech line!

if everything was correct you'd have sound...

can u take a picture? there should be 8 wires that come out of the head unit for front right +/- front left +/- rear right +/- and rear left +/-

does the head unit turn on and everything functions normally?

Yup everything functions normally............................Including the sound!:cheer: Tech was awesome fast answer but I figured it out! I waqs taking the unit out and when I removed a mounting screw it worked! Seems the screw was touching something inside that made it inoperative! Man I love a happy ending! I'll take a pic when done I'm putting a bunch of other stuff in the dash! "HAPPY NEW YEAR":woohoo:

Keep'em coming. My stock Cd player is hanging up CD's. It's got one hung in it now. I have to take it out and apart to get the CD out. I need to upgrade myself.

Back