Radius arm vs. Control arm

IowaCumminsCB

Ok currently I have a 3" leveling kit with 37" tires. Fenders have been trimmed to clear. Located in Iowa so no rocks really just mud and dirt roads.
What I like to do is occasionaly hit the mud but love to ho hit all the washouts and flex the truck out go slow and just crawl.

Plans are to do is to be able to tuck 40s with the least amount of lift as possible
Long down travel
and fairly reasonable ride for rutted out road high speed "Prerunner like" performance.

So what I was thinking was to see how much lift I need to clear
Then center the axle where it needs to be and build radius arms

The reason I want radius arms is the flex and amour of downward travel I cam achive with them.

Questions I have is how long should I make the arms

Pirate4x4 is your friend for this.

But im fitting 37 (true 35) with 2.5in coils

Sent from my phone.

That's what I was just on and decided to check back here.
I was trying here first because we are familiar with the weight of our trucks.
Thanks man

carli is currently working on a radius arm kit. i think threes also a company called DT performance but his kit looks like a crappy cali knockoff. from what i've seen of their kits, it bolts to the factory 4 link tabs on the axle, with a snubber spring on the upper CA mount to the radius arm, maybe 5 inches long. i'll see if i can dig up some pictures, but this snubber is needed for axle flex

Link to Carli's Radius arm kit

Last edited:
carli is currently working on a radius arm kit. i think threes also a company called DT performance but his kit looks like a crappy cali knockoff. from what i've seen of their kits, it bolts to the factory 4 link tabs on the axle, with a snubber spring on the upper CA mount to the radius arm, maybe 5 inches long. i'll see if i can dig up some pictures, but this snubber is needed for axle flex

Link to Carli's Radius arm kit

If you're talking dt as in don thuren, I assure you its not junk

Sent from my phone.

Don is definatly not junk and never has been. Some of the best stuff out there. Definatly Just as good as Carli, if not better in some aspects.

Back