rail pres 20k psi at idle

2l8-imgne

the truck was running fine with everything in my sig. then I blew the trans and de tuned the truck. I took the big turbo off replace the trans and downsized the injector tips to 100's.

I put everything together and now when the truck is idling the rail pres is at 20k psi!. when I step on the throttle it will go down to 10k psi. the truck is running fine and has no misses.

I thought it was the gauge so I put my scanner on and it is rite on with the gauge. then I swapped the rail pres sensor with my buddies and that did not change. so the truck really has 20k psi at idle.

I also unplugged both fca's and the truck shoots past 30k psi so I believe they are working good

does anyone have any idea what could be goin on?

Start checking wiring, its a headache. You also need to see what is being commanded by the ecm.

I would check the device you used to read those numbers. The stock sensor physically cannot read that high.

Last edited:
I would check the device you used to read those numbers. The stock sensor physically cannot read that high.

What does the stock sensor max out at? My autometer Is tied off the stock RP sensor and I see 29+ at WOT

I created a thread and just started following this one, might help me answer my RP questions as well.

I always thought the too les but I have logged over 27k with efilive. Never scaled sensor any differently than stock. Just changed maximum recorded rail pressure parameter. When thats changed is it automatically re scaling the sensor?

I always thought the too les but I have logged over 27k with efilive. Never scaled sensor any differently than stock. Just changed maximum recorded rail pressure parameter. When thats changed is it automatically re scaling the sensor?

What I think we are seeing when it's over 1800BAR is the ECM interpretation of what it SHOULD be.

Back