Rail pressure drop & EGT

231jasons

not really here
So my hot juice on level 6 will only let the RP climb to 22-22.5k and will drop to 18-19K under steady load. Also gets way to hot, to fast.

If I drop it down to L-5 i can keep the RP at 23.5-24.5K and the egt's stay in check longer. But not nearly the power (no dah).

My little WSB is making a steady 41-42 PSI under a heavy load, but isnt cooling the EGTs enough.

So is it time to upgrade the CP3 (with no added pressure box just juice) to keep the RP up? I have a steady 14 PSI with the AirDog 150.

Im pushing 560-570 HP as it sits.

So my hot juice on level 6 will only let the RP climb to 22-22.5k and will drop to 18-19K under steady load. Also gets way to hot, to fast.

If I drop it down to L-5 i can keep the RP at 23.5-24.5K and the egt's stay in check longer. But not nearly the power (no dah).

My little WSB is making a steady 41-42 PSI under a heavy load, but isnt cooling the EGTs enough.

So is it time to upgrade the CP3 (with no added pressure box just juice) to keep the RP up? I have a steady 14 PSI with the AirDog 150.

560 -570 with a stock turbo?? I don't see one listed in your sig.. so I hate to break it to you but not goona happen... I hit 580 with all my mods... you need to get a bigger turbo to move more air to drop egt's..

WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THIS CRAZY NUMBER??? You and Brett do something NEW????

No but seriously, under heavy acceleration RP will drop as duration increases. As soon as you put the hammer down, your RP should recover to 23K-25K. For some reason RP in our trucks has two stages to it. One is under load below 3/4 throttle, where RP will drop as duration increases. Then when the ECM see's 100% throttle it then demands 100% psi from the CP3....I can do this all day with my SMARTY.

Also Jason you might want to give my SMARTY a try and see if your WSB can keep up better. EGT's with SMARTY are WAY cooler than with anything else.
Let me know and we can hook up!!!

I bet you could get 550 outa the stocker at 2000degree EGT. The hot juice tho doesn't have enough fuel to do that alone. I managed 512hp with hot juice/ez

some more air will help EGT's... is your Bell wastegated?

at your power level, you're right there on the edge of the CP3, so yes, an upgrade would help

SORRY i hit the wrong button this AM i was in a hurry to get out of the house........Im at 460-470 range, not 560.

I dynoed at 459 b4 i did the Air dog.

Yes the WSB is wastegated, ive adjusted it to where it sits. If i shorten the rod i might get a little more but i think im going to try a manuel controller in line.

Any recomendations for a bottom turbo to go with the WSB on a twin set up?

Im wanting to ad some 90 HP inj's and push this thing to a Useable/Towable 550-575 HP.

I dont think thw WSB will support that much HP by its self even if it was a cooler running Smarty.

So ill probally have to go with a twin set up or a bigger single. but i dont want to sacrafice the very quick spool I have now.

Ive got access to a 3htb for next to nothing with a hot pipe, but would it be that much better with an s400?

Aside from spinning different directions why would the s400 be a better choice. I know the 3htb is old technology (from the 70's) but is the 400 worth an extra $400-700 (with hot pipe)

Back