Ran a new best with "The Dumpster" Duramax race van

JoshH

For those who aren't familiar with it, I race a 2006 Chevy Express cargo van that came with a factory LBZ and a 4L85E transmission. I built it as a project with my dad. Basically, it is a completely stock motor with an EFILive tune, a lift pump, some nitrous, a built transmission, some slicks, and some weight reduction (5500 lb race weight). We took it out to do some test and tune to get ready for the NHRDA world finals in a few weeks to make sure everything is working like it is suppose to since I just went through the transmission. Most of the passes I made were fuel only, but on the last pass of the night I decided to run the nitrous. I managed to break into roll bar territory for the first time. Here's the slip.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dumpster 11.37 (Copy).jpg
    Dumpster 11.37 (Copy).jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 0
Wow, that would be the last thing you would expect to pass ya',LOL. Reminds me of my little Mitsibishi van that I stuck a Vortec 350 Chevy and 200R4 tranny in, engine sat beside the driver, almost mid-vehicle and it would lift the front tires When you took off, fantastic fun to fry the rear tires while flying by a Mustang GT with a teen driver behind the wheel, LOL.

race van.... a better economic stimulus plan than Obama ever had.

everyone must go home and spend thousands trying to go faster LOL

Nice! Got any pics of the van? I wanna do that with a 6.0 van one day.

Here is a pic of it from last year at the world finals I took

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 0
Yes, I think the transmission is finally good to go! Last year it spent more time at the trans shop than it did at home. I finally said to heck with it and built it myself with a valve body and trans brake from Rossler.

You picked up 2 tenths from your previous best correct? Just with it doing what its supposed to.. Very nice.

Are there any videos of this running? And sounds like an awesome setup!! Can't wait to see more of this

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Search sleepers nhrda on YouTube. You should find it in a 10 minute video of the finals last year

Back