Ran my truck for the first time

I have a billet input only. I just got off the phone with dusty and he said someone here in the houston area with one of his trannies just broke the output shaft. wasn't you obviously. I am the houston area dealer for dusty. PM me for parts for ya'lls trucks. I can do claims too for him I think.? Are you in the woodlands?:Cheer:

An output is definitely a needed part on the 4x4's.. Atleast I know it is on heavier 4x4's.. I have one of Dusty's transmissions, and the output shaft broke with the first hard launch without torque mgt on. That was on the dually.. 8,040 pounds, 8.22 at 82 in the eighth.. 1.78 60'.. My 2wd is only 6350, and has done a best of 1.76 with the stock output.

Last edited:
yeah morse, your right, all trucks are different. weight is the key. I haven't had any failure with mine but that's me. It is too easy to install the output anyways. Have you had any serious takers on that 1/2 ton rocket? I am playing with numbers to see if I can come up with an offer of some type. would make a nice shop race truck for me.

Can an average gear head swap output shafts? If so, is there anywhere I can read directions?

Also if you can pm me with a price for a billet output, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

hey trik396, output shafts are 695.00. plus shipping of course. you will need a press and basic hand tools to do the job. If you have confidence in your abilities you can do it, also if you no the back from the front of the tranny.lol:Cheer:

Last edited:
sootman said:
hey trik396, output shafts are 695.00. plus shipping of course. you will need a press and basic hand tools to do the job. If you have confidence in your abilities you can do it, also if you no the back from the front of the tranny.lol:Cheer:

you better be carefull advertiseing and selling in the open forums like that. it could get you booted from this site, guys pay to advertise and will push the issue.:rules: just a little heads up.........

DIESEL POWER said:
you better be carefull advertiseing and selling in the open forums like that. it could get you booted from this site, guys pay to advertise and will push the issue.:rules: just a little heads up.........
no phone number posted. didn't offer my services?????????????just told the kid how much the shaft costs. please clear this up for me. can I have my web address and phone number in my sig? I really need to know what is advertising on this site. I don't want to get anything for free. thanks in advance.

Last edited:
sootman said:
no phone number posted. didn't offer my services?????????????just told the kid how much the shaft costs. please clear this up for me. can I have my web address and phone number in my sig? I really need to know what is advertising on this site. I don't want to get anything for free. thanks in advance.
just keep it in pm's is the best way to stay out of trouble, hopefully a moderator will lead you in the proper way of " helping" others on the site as they have done for me.

Last edited:
Sootman and DieselPower, thanks for you help.

And I gotta be the oldest kid here... 39... :hehe:

Ive been bit buy the racing bug as well here as of reciently. Is there a sticky for newbies (tips, tricks, and dont EVEN think about doing...) ? Im a lil concerned as to have my EGT's buried 1600* at half track. Someone has suggested running comp on 5x1 instead of 5x5. Great site and thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
1400* would definitely make many of us happy. I've seen mine go well past 1600 and point straight down before I glanced over and let off. Can't wait to get to the track this year though, I can't have all the fun you guys do with the boosted launches, but I'll see what she can do anyways.

How's the 64/14 working out for you? I've been looking at one to replace my stocker.

Pitz said:
How's the 64/14 working out for you? I've been looking at one to replace my stocker.
tomorrow it's being sent in and swapped over to a 64/13 with the SS housing and 71 mm wheel. I have the old style small wheel that you can't even get anymore so it'd be tough to give you a good idea. But I haven't heard a single bad thing about these with the newer wheels. The SS housing hasn't really been out long enough to have a bunch of feedback on it. Maybe someone with the 64 and SS housing can speak up :poke:

Back