Rancho RS9000XL install pics.

snoboy

I also decided to install new shocks to troubleshoot front end rattle. I replaced the lower mount bolts due to wear as you'll see. New Ranchos are much more robust, these new shocks set at the 6-front, 3-rear coupled with the new sway bar bushings have me in love with my truck again. It rides tracks and steers like new.

ive been looking at these..i have a pair of pro comp shocks that came with my 4inch lift..i totally hate them and my truck rides SO rough..the shocks have about 2500 miles on them. was the price fair on these?

ive been looking at these..i have a pair of pro comp shocks that came with my 4inch lift..i totally hate them and my truck rides SO rough..the shocks have about 2500 miles on them. was the price fair on these?

I don't think its your shocks. I have the same lift. What is in the rear for the lift? The 4" kit should have come with an add a leaf and a small block. This makes the truck ride rough. My next step is to take out the add a leaf and put traction bars and a big block. I will be doing Bilsteins in each corner for ride and looks.

Out of all the lifts I have had on my truck (3) the pro comp handles the best. IMO.

nice write up but I hate my Rancho's

That's no good. Do you have the ol' white bodies or the new silvers? What setting do you run on? I should have put a little more in my write up.
I have the FX4 that came with the Monranchos, I ran those for a year and installed the RS9000s with the in cab kit (which I don't think ever rode that well). I then developed a front end rattle around Jan. and finally got around to changing front sway bar bushings BUT at the same time reinstalled the ol' Monranchos which were still liying in a conrner. Well my rattle was gone but truck rode only OK. I then replaced the shocks with the new silver bodies and it's better than new now. They need to be set a (I learned from Rancho the hard way) at 6 front and 3 rear with an empty truck for the correct valving. Once at this setting it's like a whole different shock package.

snoboy

I don't think its your shocks. I have the same lift. What is in the rear for the lift? The 4" kit should have come with an add a leaf and a small block. This makes the truck ride rough. My next step is to take out the add a leaf and put traction bars and a big block. I will be doing Bilsteins in each corner for ride and looks.

Out of all the lifts I have had on my truck (3) the pro comp handles the best. IMO.

I like the lift..its not a bad kit. the whole thing is that its just rough/bumpy too. in the rear I actually added a leaf and put that block in there, I also left the stock block in there too. so you think that ditching that extra leaf and that block and going with just a bigger block and trac bars the ride should get better?

mine are the white 9000 9 way adjustable..they were a waste of money..

I can tell zero difference if I have them on their firmest setting to their softest setting.

I like the lift..its not a bad kit. the whole thing is that its just rough/bumpy too. in the rear I actually added a leaf and put that block in there, I also left the stock block in there too. so you think that ditching that extra leaf and that block and going with just a bigger block and trac bars the ride should get better?

When I first lifted the truck I did the larger block. The ride was great but the wheel hop was bad. I wish I would have gone with the ladder bars but I didn't have the money to do it. I will be going to Jesse from Farm Boy Fab and have him put his ladder bars on the truck with the bigger block.

Back