Ratio Question

ryanihw350

1stGENPULLER
I just changed out the broke Dana 70 to the Dana 80 in my First Gen Dodge.

My problem is the front axle is running a 3.55 ratio and rear is running a 4.10 ratio. I want to change the front to 4.10 but money is tight and pulling season is about to start. I am going to place a ad to see if someone is willing to trade ring and pinions out.

Has any one ran their truck like this? I usually run 18psi in the front tires(315/75-16) and 70psi in rear same size tire. I was thinking that the smaller diameter running less air in the front and larger diameter running 70psi in the rear would get the ratios close.

Am I going about is all wrong and going to break the transfer case?

Thanks
Ryan

Your asking for trouble. You might be able to put some 285's on the front to get by. That would get you much closer to where you need to be.

272/75R16 would be the tire you need.

Your asking for a 15% spread right now, if you knew the tires were spinning the whole time it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

I would say don't do it! That is to much difference....unless you can make it up in tire size?? Look on ebay...4.10's are cheep for a dana 60! I have a set that is for sale also...probly take 75$ for'em. PM me if your interested.

I would say don't do it! That is to much difference....unless you can make it up in tire size?? Look on ebay...4.10's are cheep for a dana 60! I have a set that is for sale also...probly take 75$ for'em. PM me if your interested.

U better buy these /\ I would NEVER tell anyone to run different size gears front to back! U can very them by a smuge cause when running some ratios u cant get for the front and back but in your case 4.10's are evrywhere......
Brandon

Appreciate all the info. yeah i am will not be running it like it is.
Thanks
Ryan

Back