RC Hoodstacked sledpulling videos

Thanks guys, I will pass the compliments on. I will have to ask him how it works or maybe I will just get him to sign up and explain.

I love the hoodstack though, it makes my day everytime I see it.

i got a rc sled here, mine works by a string and a gear , i need to make a hood stack for my tmaxx

They look fun. I might have to go buy one now so we can have a pulling series. :nos:

My buddy and I made a sled a couple of years ago for his Emaxx, couldn't get anyone else to do it so we sold it. Made a weight bar and adjustable hitch for the emaxx too, gotta love slow days at work. I'll try to find some pics when I get a chance.

My buddy and I made a sled a couple of years ago for his Emaxx, couldn't get anyone else to do it so we sold it. Made a weight bar and adjustable hitch for the emaxx too, gotta love slow days at work. I'll try to find some pics when I get a chance.

That would be pretty sweet.

Tyson said he had suspension blocks and traction bars that he had made for his but I can't see them in the video. I will try and get some pictures as well.

I was running the camera on those videos and that little truck is unreal!!

The sled works on a cable pulley system. It has 2 axles with 1 gear on each. A shaft with another gear is mounted above the axles and is connected to the axles by a chain. Basically, as the axles turn, the chain turns the upper gear and winds the cable around the shaft, makes the cable shorter, and pulls the basket toward the pulley at the front of the sled. Then you just unwind the cable by backing the sled up to the starting point. Slick little design.

Sled weighs around 40lbs by itself.

Man, that is probably one of the coolest things that I have seen in a long time...

Well looks like we have our off season planned......:Cheer:

Fireman450

I have a buddy that is big into RC pulling. He even talked me into building a tractor a few years ago. I still have it, but I quickly realized that I would have more fun in the real thing, and about the same amount of time and money wrapped up in it. Thsoe little things get expensive, and all those guys bring multiple vehicles to come pull at the events with.

Here is the website for the main club I am aware of in Ohio and Indiana: http://stpapulling.com/

There are some pics and videos for everyone to check out.

LOVE IT!!!
I want to see a weight box, and a slammed front end!! And whos going to do one in Diesel with a turbo?

Hey Sleddy, I know the STPA guys love to put on shows. In fact they have been pulling for a couple of years at the NTPA nats in Bowling Green.

Back