!!read Here!! 25 Mpg?????????

Is everyone else's tank sensitive to stopping? I.E. when coming to a stop does your gauge drop a whole lot? Mine always does and when it's low it will trigger the low fuel light on.

Also, I noticed when filling up my tank and the diesel pump shuts off I can usually still add another 2 gallons or so. I suppose that's normal as well?

Is everyone else's tank sensitive to stopping? I.E. when coming to a stop does your gauge drop a whole lot? Mine always does and when it's low it will trigger the low fuel light on.

Also, I noticed when filling up my tank and the diesel pump shuts off I can usually still add another 2 gallons or so. I suppose that's normal as well?

IDK maybe has something to do with your sending unit, but the second thing is just a preliminary caution that the pump notices as u fill up and your fuel and fumes get closer to the top and it shuts the pump off so it doesnt go spilling onto the concrete.

IDK maybe has something to do with your sending unit, but the second thing is just a preliminary caution that the pump notices as u fill up and your fuel and fumes get closer to the top and it shuts the pump off so it doesnt go spilling onto the concrete.

It doesn't move that much only i'd say an 1/8th tank at the absolute max when coming to a stop.

Ok, I gotcha on the last part n thanks!

anybody answer this ? 99 ctd 3500 4wd, ddp110, fass 150, bd boost fooler, II hrvp, goerend billet tranny and all I can get is 350 to 380 miles per tank at best and thats w/o blowin a bunch of smoke ???? should'nt this thing do better mpg ?

same thing here, no worries

With my mine I'll usually get 18 mpg as long as i dont stand on it. and 15 mpg when im pulling the trailer. Thats with filling it up to the top of the filler neck.

I get 15mpg driving my normal short drives. The farthest i drive most of the time is 10 miles at a time, so not the best for fuel mileage since it is all stop and go. That is driving how i normally drive. A little hot rodding. Now, If I make sure and dont hot rod and REALLY keep my foot out of it, I can get 19mpg on the short in town drives. I just have to drive like an old man. On the interstate, 22-23mpg is not a problem even going 75-80mph. Just drive half way sensible. 3:55's and the bigger tires love the interstate.

at least all of yall have gauges that work! i have 1 '95 and two '96's and none of the fuel gauges work.never have in years.380 miles to a tank average

at least all of yall have gauges that work! i have 1 '95 and two '96's and none of the fuel gauges work.never have in years.380 miles to a tank average

lol,.. my fuel gage is stuck at E and the light is on,... Black Tape fixed it,. :))

The reason your fuel gauge moves when the tank is low is from fuel sloshing around. Even though most tanks are baffled (not sure if dodges are), you will still have that happen on alot of vehicles.
Also, the only decently accurate way to record fuel mileage is to ensure you fill to the EXACT same level every fillup- i.e. what I do with my 2000 VW Jetta diesel (45mpg+ average) is fill completely up to the top of the filler neck.
Simply only filling until the nozzle clicks off is not a very reliable method. The actual "kick-off" of the pump can occur at a massive variance. Each and every different pump will kick off at different levels, and even if you used the exact same nozzle to fill, alot would depend on how foamy the fuel is, which will always vary depending on weather, fill rate, etc etc.

Back