really wierd trans issue

01CumminsSport

CapeCodDieselPerformance
Im in need of some help figuring this one out, my trans starting locking the converter on its own as soon as it shifts in to second gear, im not using a lock up switch and there isnt even one in the truck right now so i know a wire isnt shorted. im thinking this could be a stuck TCC solenoid so i wasgoing to swap it out when i got home but then on my way home the truck would neutral out and put the engine back to idle no matter where my foot was on the throttle, so i pulled over unhooked the redline and edge and all aftermarket stuff and chacked the fluid, and everything was perfect, so i went to drive it again to see if pulling the box's out made a difference, the truck drove normal for a few miles then started acting up again.

no codes in the ecm or pcm other than the code for using the redline, what do you think i should swap out first,

APPS, trans pressure sensors, TCC solenoid, PCM

second time it would be fine in first then neutral out and put the engine back to idle and go from second lock up to neutral to second lock up really fast when i was lightly touching the throttle, and when i came to a stop i would put it in neutral so it wouldnt stall the truck and when i would put it back in drive it would go right into second lockup and stall the truck

I have seen similar issues when the T/C Clutch comes apart and binds. Is it an aftermarket convertor? Have you pulled than pan to inspect for debris?

Other than that I would try a TPS and although not the fix a BD Noise Isolator Kit for what they are worth.

Dave

The legend on here fixed this issue on madmikes truck a couple weeks ago. Pm him if you have questions

Yes it's an aftermarket converter. Its a Goerend full billet trans with triple disk

And yes in still selling the 469

do you have Daves noise filter installed? have you tried jumping the trans relay in the PDC? also try doing an APPS reset.

Last edited:
Took the truck for a drive today and it was fine other than the converter locking automatically in 2nd 3rd 4th. I'm going to do a TCC solenoid and go from there

Back