Rear axle question

BigWheel

Looking at my axle, I see two rectangular pieces welded to the tube just outboard of the spring perches. I'm wondering if they are there stock or not cuz they look like they'd be awesome trac bar mount points. I'm fairly certain they are not stock, they don't appear to serve any purpose other than for a set of bars. They look pretty beefy and I just bet a heim joint would fit in there nicely.

If it matters, I have an 04 SRW Harley truck with the rear sway bar. I tried to snap some pics but they didn't look very good and my phone wont send them out for some reason.

Thanks!

stock tubes are clean from the perch to the caliper mounting plate....sounds like someone had traction bars or outboarded shock mounts on it at one point.

Looking at my axle, I see two rectangular pieces welded to the tube just outboard of the spring perches. I'm wondering if they are there stock or not cuz they look like they'd be awesome trac bar mount points. I'm fairly certain they are not stock, they don't appear to serve any purpose other than for a set of bars. They look pretty beefy and I just bet a heim joint would fit in there nicely.

If it matters, I have an 04 SRW Harley truck with the rear sway bar. I tried to snap some pics but they didn't look very good and my phone wont send them out for some reason.

Thanks!

Can you post some pics of what the pieces look like?

Found my digital camera

100_1183.jpg

those are no where near stock! looks like traction bar mounts. time to make some!!

Garrett

Back