Rear axle spindle nut size?

FIVEOLOGY

COW TIPPER
Truck in my sig, 01.5 disc brake 2500 5spd 4x4. What size is the spindle nut on the rear axle? Should be a Dana 80, right? Thanks for your help.

We have one in the cave, not sure on size off the top of my head though. I am thinking something around 1 7/8 but do not quote me on it.

Last edited:
When i did some rebuilding on one i think it was 2 9/16. Some reason that sticks out in my mind.

We have one in the cave, not sure on size off the top of my head though. I am thinking something around 1 7/8 but do not quote me on it.
Trav, it looked bigger then that. Finally getting around to fixin the wheel seal that has been leaking for over a year.

I measure 2 9/16'' on the nut that holds the rear hub assembly on.

Thin wall socket of course. When going back with the hub, Tighten the nut as tight as you can, then back it off and repeat. When you are doing your final torque, there should be a little end play in the hub to keep from burning up your bearings.

Duh... now that I think back to when I had to rebuild my D80 you guys are right. lol

Thanks for the help guys, now of course it is calling for rain all weekend...oh well it's waited this long it'll make it one more weekend.

Back