rear end support ?

tripletdairies

Our club is adding a 2.6 class this year. They allow for rear leaf springs and rear brakes to be removed. Was wondering if anyone had some pics or advice on how you welded things together solid. I have a good idea of how to go about it just was curious to see if i was on right track or not. It would be for a Dana 80 housing. thanks

maybe im not reading it right, are you saying no rear suspension, solid location for the rear axle ?

IMG_20131211_172433_054_zpsc6edc1a4.jpg

Look at any of the 3.0 trucks there are a lot of different ways to do it. Also watch the height of the pivot on you hitch to the axle center line some org. and some classes say a max of 18 in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JL Builders.. thats exactly the way i pictured doing it thanks for the pics. Did you do it yourself? How do you line everything up correctly? Any way of leaving the springs/ shocks attached to use as a jig until things are tacked in?

I wish our club would let us get rid of the springs would help with the duals.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Do you have any more pictures? Im getting ready to do mine, although mine cant be welded so where its welded to the frame mine will be bolted. Also, how do you center the axle up if you have no leaf springs (I'm buying an cclb frame to replace my ccsb). I can't find any info on this anywhere.

Also, how do you center the axle up if you have no leaf springs (I'm buying an cclb frame to replace my ccsb). I can't find any info on this anywhere.

You could measure wheelbase off the front

Edit, or are you talking about side to side? If thats the case you could measure off of the backing plates to the opposite frame rail or something like that

Last edited:
I measured everything to make sure it was all aligned correctly. This was a short bed truck and I moved the axle back 17.5 inches. So I couldn't leave the springs in for mock up anyway.
I'll load some pictures of when I was build it.

IMG_20131112_191708_982_zps5sziqyxz.jpg

IMG_20131120_134841_021_zps8l6ogy94.jpg

I gutted a dually bed at took 2.5 inches out of it and welded it back together.

IMG_20131202_180458_261_zpsbit5gamq.jpg

did you narrow the axle? It all turned out great. What class are you running? No bed floor but still a 1 ton rearend, I'm confused...

Back