Red Rocket 10 second race truck for sale

Hoss

This truck was originally owned by Nowel Thomas and has a lot of history behind it. Truly one of the first twin turboed diesel race trucks built. The truck started it life as a 5 speed manual truck and Nowel went to an auto when he got into drag racing. It has gone thru a lot of changes since those days. The personalized plates on the truck HVAC are in memory of Nowel (this was his screen name on TDR among other sites for those who do not know) Just a bit of history in 2003 Nowel was on his way to a race in Houston Texas when he suffered an aneurism that took his life. It is a very long story but I ended being offered the truck and I jumped on it. The following year Dec 2004 I took the truck from Washington to Houston for the Nowel Thomas Memorial Drag Race and won the pro street class. That was the beginning of my drag racing addiction.
1998 Dodge 2wd extra cab shortbed Race truck P-Pumped 24 valve (street legal)
Diesel Pro's Fletcherbuilt engine
Big brother/G1 twins (the G1 is a custom S400 built by Piers)
Industrial Injection pump
Suncoast auto built by Joe Webb
Art Morrison back halve and four link
Chris Alston roll bar
Narrowed Dana 80 with 4.10 Detroit locker
(2) 4 piston Willwood calipers on each rear tire
Weld drag lites with 18x33 Mickey Thompson E/T Street tires and a set of Goodyear drag slicks
Ring and pinion front end with tubular upper and lower control arms
Race buckets and 5 point harness
Isspro Performax gauges with max recall and data logging
NX Boost reference nitrous system
The truck weights in at 5700lbs and has a best time of 10.66 @131mph it has several 10 second time slips if put on a diet could go much faster. It passes tech down to 10.00 but will need roll bar work to go into the 9’s

The trailer is a 2005 28ft Interstate with a drivers side escape door and 2 tool boxes and work bench up front. Pit pal racks and nitrous bottle holders, fuel can holders, electric winch, Jack holder. Custom Red Rocket Racing graphics and personalized RRRacing (Red Rocket Racing) plates

Also included is the Welcome to Red Rocket Diesel website.

I owe a HUGE thank you to tons of people who have helped me along the way from the day I bought this truck. Those names include
A lot of guys from So Cal who not very happy with my buying the truck at first but that is another story......all the way up to today and all those in-between
Scott Vorhees
Gary Troyer
Chris Sutton
Adam Winslett
Blair Pine
Brad Ponci
Big Jake (Ken)
Byron Haner
Joe Webb
Piers Harry
Joe Hellman
Richard Madson
David Lott
Randy Cole
Ben Sappington
Pat Tingley
Everyone on the NWBombers
Bill Fletcher
Michael Pliska
Mike Boyd
My wife Terry for putting up with it all!!!
There are other’s who I am sure I missed

This whole project has been a ball and it is time to move on to a new one.

I am asking $28,000 for everything including a lot of spare parts (nitrous bottles, injectors, a 3.54 locker, spare tires, lots of stuff)

Pictures of the truck http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennyhao/sets/72157620440960673/
Here are some of the trailer
DSC02015.jpg

DSC02017.jpg

Another piece of diesel history on the market.

Good luck with the sale Hoss.

Sorry to see you sell Hoss, good luck with the sale. Guess we won't be seeing you in Portland on July 24th. Ken

Another piece of diesel history on the market.

Good luck with the sale Hoss.

Wow, HVACs truck up for sale. This truck has alot of history behind it.

Wow! Nowel was a great man...I remember talking with him on TDR years ago. Sad to see it up for sale Hoss because you've done such an awesome job with it, but understand if you need to move on. Good luck with the sale.

The truck will have a fresh pump with 0 time on it and the injectors will gone thru and inspected as well. The truck is ready to run :ft:

Wow a sad day indeed, I spent two or three hours under the hood of that truck, some days I loved it, some days I wanted to drive that thing off a cliff... Like when I was putting the p-pump back in it... arms all stuck trying to get the back lower bolt in and the owner of said vehicle came up and ripped one off... I had no where to go... I still owe him for that one.

A lot of good memories with that truck, some involving the trailer, and a bunch of tire swaps... Some with the Rocket itself.... but most were with the guys in the shop working on it... Those were some good times...

Pat, that's pretty good on the pump stuff, I've probably pulled mine 12 times over the years.

Hoss, I hate to see it too but I'm with ya brother, my 98' will sell after it gets all freshened, keeping toys and retiring don't go well together.

Jim

Pat, that's pretty good on the pump stuff, I've probably pulled mine 12 times over the years.

Hoss, I hate to see it too but I'm with ya brother, my 98' will sell after it gets all freshened, keeping toys and retiring don't go well together.

Jim

Tell me about it, at least not for long.:bang

Sorry to see it up for sale, I've enjoyed watching your progress with the truck (and felt a tinge of pain when you've broken something at the track). I hope the next owner cherishes the truck as much as you have!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

seeing this truck in an add in one of the diesel mags got me interested in diesel racing! i had red and silver second gen at the time and the pic just grabbed my attention! awesome truck! good luck with the sale

Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen :clap:
I really appreciate that people feel I have done right by Nowel's truck. It was important to me to take good care of Nowel's truck. I hope the next owner has the same respect for this truck.

It's been really fun seeing the evolution of this truck since I got to know ya Hoss. From when I helped yard the Suncoast out in your garage, to the almost complete tear down in the shop and removing about 100lbs of wiring, and going from the 12's to the 10's... It's been a fun ride for sure, just wish I could got one run down the 1320... :nos: :nos: :nos:

Bump for one of my fav trucks seeing it pull that 10.66 was sweet, what a smile u had that day

Bump.
Nice truck, are you just getting out of the sport or selling to upgrade like I did last year. I'll be selling again this winter but for good this time.
Ryan

Back