Red Rocket has new owner

95 SmokinGreen

Congrats to our friend James Silva. He is the proud new owner of Red Rocket. He has been pulling and racing here in Ca. since 2001 with his 2001 silver ex cab short bed dodge called Silva Bullet and decided to get back into it after a couple years of rest. We are excited for him. David and James are on the way back down, can't wait to see it in Sac maybe Friday.:rockwoot:

Cograts! Glad to see it on the west coast. two of my good friends help build it when it was Nowells

Good to hear James is back in the diesel world again. I knew he couldn't stay away forever.

Mark Harris (HOSS) called me last week to let me know that the truck had been sold to a guy named James who was 27 and from Elk Grove and that I was sworn to secrecy. I was actually in Arlington Wa on Saturday to see the Red Rocket before it left Washington.

I figured it had to be James Silva. We are pleased to have the truck back in NORCAL where it all began with a prince of a man named Nowel Thomas, someone I will always be proud to say was a friend of mine.

I look forward to a lot of time spent out at Sac Raceway watching James learn this new toy, I remember watching him back in the day at the sledpulls with the first ever hood stack

James is a very nice guy. It was nice to meet him last night. I watched with a tear in my eye as James left the Hossienda with the Rocket last night. I hope the trip back to NorCal was uneventful.

I look forward to seeing what the Rocket will do in the next part of its Legacy...:Cheer:

James is a very nice guy. It was nice to meet him last night. I watched with a tear in my eye as James left the Hossienda with the Rocket last night. I hope the trip back to NorCal was uneventful.

I look forward to seeing what the Rocket will do in the next part of its Legacy...:Cheer:

Ben, with all the hours you spent helping Hoss with that truck I can imagine it was a sad moment. I'm glad it's staying out West, where I'll continue to see it run. Is Hoss going to build anything else, or is he laying low for a while?

Ben, with all the hours you spent helping Hoss with that truck I can imagine it was a sad moment. I'm glad it's staying out West, where I'll continue to see it run. Is Hoss going to build anything else, or is he laying low for a while?

The only comment I can make is that I am not allowed to comment...:pop:

BTW, Michael, James may need a little help with the Performax set up in the Rocket. We tried to explain as much as we could in a very short amount of time. Would you mind fielding some questions from him? I will be happy to answer what I can but I am afraid I won't see them.

I am very happy to see James get the Rocket! I believe he will do right by the truck and Nowel's memory. He seems like a real good kid and I wish him well. I know a lot of guys will be happy to see Nowel's truck back home in California where it belongs. I hope you all know I did my very best to do right by the truck and Nowel for the time I was lucky enough to be driver of Nowel's truck :rockwoot:

I was very sad to see it go but it will be great to see it run with James behind the wheel :tree:

Congrates James, does this mean we won't see you back in the sled pulling world again :( non the less it will be nice to see you back out a few venues again.

BBD

Good to hear. maybe I'll get a chance to line up against it now that it's local. I'd still like to have of video of that for a keepsake.

Good to hear. maybe I'll get a chance to line up against it now that it's local. I'd still like to have of video of that for a keepsake.

We tried for that last year but a blown freeze plug in Montana kept me from making it. Now you should have no problem getting your race :rockwoot:

congrats on the sale HOSS and lucky for us it stayed on the west coast--and let me say you did it proud.....

James --congrats, maybe one day I'll get back to see it on the track.....chris

im glad to hear and see the rocket out here.. James has never been aftaid of letting it hang out and i hope to see you/it running soon.. rip nowel. im glad the rocket has and will be in worthy hands...

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to get to get back out in the diesel world:ft::st:
:thankyou2:

:welcome: to CompD James. Good luck with the new rig. Hope to see you out in it soon.

Hey James. Welcome. It's Alex Bergwerff. I hope to see ya at Sacramento soon. It will be fun to see ya get that thing dialed in for you. Glad to see ya back into the diesel performance again. Although I know you never really left.

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to get to get back out in the diesel world:ft::st:
:thankyou2:

Glad you made it home in one piece James!!! :rockwoot:
I am looking forward to seeing you tearing up race tracks :ft:

Back