Redoing transmission lines

ChrisNickerson

SingleCab 24V
I am currently in the process of redoing my tranny lines, i eneded up going with double braided hydraulic line ( i no it may be a little to much but thats all they had). My question that i can't find is what fitting would i need, the one that goes into the tranny, then the one that goes into the hydraulic line. Is it an AN fitting for the hydraulic side? If you have the sizes that would help a ton so i can ordered them and get it going soon. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. If my wording is messed up sorry in advance, i aint that good of a typer :hehe:

I believe the trans side takes a 1/4npt male, but im not 100% sure because its been a while since i did lines on one.

the transmission is threaded 1/4 nps which is straight pipe. The brass hydraulic fitting is -6 JIC IIRC.

thats what i would use, 1/2" or -8 lines

I'm using 1/2 hydraulic line, tractorguyacb told me the fitting coming off the transmission is 1/4 pipe thread. I need to no what the hydraulic line side is. I am going to take a 90* fitting. One side is going to be the 1/4 pipe thread and the other is going to be the hydraulic line. So all I need to no is if it is a -6 or a -8. Sorry i am horrible at explaining what I'm trying to do. I just can't find anyone that knows the size of the hydraulic side. Thanks a lot for your guys help and sorry for sounding retarded

Chris

yes your right! I was a little slow the other day -8 is it! I might have the fittings you need they are the -8 jic to 1/2 hydraulic hose crimp style 90s.... Just verifying, you are talking about the female side of the brass adapter that threads into the transmission case?

Last edited:
thats what i would use, 1/2" or -8 lines

yes your right! I was a little slow the other day -8 is it! I might have the fittings you need they are the -8 jic to 1/2 hydraulic hose crimp style 90s.... Just verifying, you are talking about the female side of the brass adapter that threads into the transmission case?

How i explained it above is the best you are going to get outa my dumb a$$ LOL. I just need a 90* fitting, one side a -8 hydraulic fitting that will fit 1/2 hydraulic hose, and the other side to be the 1/4 pipe thread that will thread into my transmission.

Chris

Back