Reg cab build!

sledneck696

Alright lads looking for people's opinions. Im not going to crazy with this truck as it is my dd and even plow truck in the winter, but its also my toy. It currently has ppe hot+2, S&B intake, full 5" straight exhaust. Just ordered II 40% over injectors and a Fass 150. Next month is ppe stage 5 tranny as I already have a Suncoast converter waiting. The truck is a reg cab long box so I think it should be fun at the strip along with a few pulls during the summer. So what should be my next set of mods. Opinions on beefing the front end enough to hold up to what I want to do, also my next few things for hp. Like a great all around turbo, intake horn etc. I don't want to waste my money on stupid stuff that's not going to be worth while.
Also will I need efi live to compensate for the larger injectors that are going in?

Alright lads looking for people's opinions. Im not going to crazy with this truck as it is my dd and even plow truck in the winter, but its also my toy. It currently has ppe hot+2, S&B intake, full 5" straight exhaust. Just ordered II 40% over injectors and a Fass 150. Next month is ppe stage 5 tranny as I already have a Suncoast converter waiting. The truck is a reg cab long box so I think it should be fun at the strip along with a few pulls during the summer. So what should be my next set of mods. Opinions on beefing the front end enough to hold up to what I want to do, also my next few things for hp. Like a great all around turbo, intake horn etc. I don't want to waste my money on stupid stuff that's not going to be worth while.
Also will I need efi live to compensate for the larger injectors that are going in?

Well you already bought a PPE Hot+2 :doh:

What do you mean by not going crazy? Did the truck need injectors? These trucks run pretty well for a street truck DD with a just a lift pump, a tune and a trans to hold it.

I would venture to guess the thing is going to be a smokey pile of crap with 40 overs and a PPE programmer. You really need to get set up with some good tuning for your setup.

With the parts you have coming:

I'd call up a reputable tuner and go to an EFI live setup.

Stock turbo is a good way to limit yourself from getting into rod bending territory. If you do go aftermarket turbo then you need to decide what your ultimate goals are.

S366 will be a hoot to drive and still tow.

S472 Will be gentler on rods due to less low end but have a ton of top end. Not real tow friendly, but can be done with the right tuning.

After that there are hundreds of combos to consider.

Main thing is work with a good tuner and explain your goals. They can write you a tune that will have less lowend, but it will also be harder to light a bigger charger.

It being an LB7, you may want to look for a good LBZ CP3 as an upgrade.

Front suspension will need a brace and tie rods or sleeves at a minimum. It depends how hard you're trying to launch if you'll need more than those items.

Thanks guys! Ya the ppe is being sold I picked it up used for super cheap so it was good for the time being. Efi live is being ordered this week I talked to duramaxtuner so far. The truck does need injectors bad! So I picked these 40 overs up for the same price as stock ones so figured I would be stupid not to. Tie rods and braces will be coming over the winter as for turbo that will be next year but ya I will have to consider a nice all around turbo. Also I have a line on a ppe stage 4 tranny kit new for 1000 bucks minus converter obviously (I have a Suncoast converter waiting) would it be worth while to run this ppe kit and if clutches smoke just upgrade them when the time comes or spend extra now and do ppe stage 5

Back