Regulated return y-pipe clearance

snowbound

Haven't posted in a while because I just haven't done anything silly till now. Decided over the winter to pick up some parts , do some repairs and upgrades. Built a regulated return system , got a bypass oil kit , an egr delete kit and an oil cooler. I was seeing some white smoke on startup so I thought I had probable cause. Tore into the truck , got the egr cooler and oil cooler out. Both looked as new ? Thought that was strange. Long story short , got everything put back together and of course , uppipe leak on the drivers side. Loosen, retighten, adjust, try again. Still leaking. Four tries later , I pull the pipes off completely and notice the Earls 90 swivel fitting on the back of the head is touching the pipe and keeping it from seating properly. Anyone else had this ? Choice was either put a dent in the exhaust or swap the fitting to the hard line and banjo I pulled off the front. Check valves were drilled out. Lots of room now, everything bolts up fine. Success ! No leaks and the truck runs !

Back