Remodeling DD and need some help!

red dodge2

well guys my DD has looked the same ever since i bought it 6 years ago. figured its time to change up the look a little bit.

Heres what i wanna do so far:
smoked cab lights
smoked LED recon tail lights and third brake light
get me a good bed cover (prolly an access lite ryder)
18" wheels and tires...looking at the XD hoss black and machined with nitto terre grapplers
2'' leveling kit

Now im wanting to see what other people opinions are on how it would look and maybe if you have a pic of something similar, please post it up. It would help alot. Thanks!

Attachments

• remodel.jpg
    remodel.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 0
Smoked cab lights
Sport front, or I've always wanted to get a frontier and cut off the guard to make just a plate bumper out of it.
Black line-x rockers
N-fab steps
In the bed black tool box
Black bed caps
20" black Hoss'

Get rid of the chrome...ALL of it. Especially the stick on crap along the rockers. The big Cummins logo....throw it away. Everyone knows it's a diesel and that big ass C is tacky.
Lose the push bar and put a paint matched sport front bumper on. Trade that giant toolbox for a chest type inside the bed then go with the cover like you want.....painted, not black plastic. Swap blocks in the back to drop it down level, go with the smoked lights you want, do something about those step bars....like throw them away and when you're done don't put ANY stickers on anything painted. Back glass or none....ever.
It'll look good with black wheels and 18's will look nice....something with a lip, not a flush face wheel.

I think it looks good. The chrome on the bottom might be a little much. I have it on my puller, would remove it, but figure it will pull the paint with it, LOL.

It is a truck, supposed to look like a truck with chrome bumpers. I grew up around trucks and the cheap trucks didn't have chrome, the nice trucks did.

I am also not a fan of 20" or larger rims either.

I do agree get rid of the big C.

Last edited:
The stickers are coming off, and the rockers will be staying on. gonna get rid of the bed caps for some different ones. so what kind of wheel do i go with? i like the XD Diesels. they seem to have a good lip on them. But do i get black and machined or chrome?

got smoked cab lights on tonight, took off all the stickers/badges on the side. getting bed cover tommorow. What should I do next? tail lights and brake lights?

If i take the brush guard off, what can i do to dress u the front end a little? grill inserts? new headlights?

take that cowl hood off and sell it on here.....real cheap like, with free shipping. LOL

take the grill guard off and remove the stickers...and just drive it. i'd peel the chrome off, but i bet that glue wont come off easily.

I bet if you took your time with a heat gun on a low setting it would come off pretty decent. there might be a little glue left behind but a little bit of rubbing alcohol and a oft rag would probably take care of it. Just buff it really good afterwards and you probably wouldn't even be able to tell. You could always try it with a small piece and see how it turns out if no good put some good adhesive and slap it back on... If you even want it gone.

Delete the emblems stickers steps chrome rockers and push bar. Then double layer the back windows with tint and put the leveling kit in, some 03 style 17s with 35s would look nice....

I'm with Unbroken lose the chrome. Especially the crap along the bottom. It looks cheap. You could even leave the wheels, bumpers, and grill. No emblems, moldings, or steps and going to a chest toolbox would change the truck dramticly.

I like these wheels
balistic jester
VT4622B.jpg

XD801 crank
16819.png

Back