remote fuel filter

wildman6bt

Diesel = Broke
Alright guys I'm wanting to build a new fuel system for my 12v. I was thinking of doing the airdog 150 and be done with it or could I get a pump and a remote fuel filter housing cheaper? I've tried to find the filter housing some of you guys use but no luck. I know some use one off a CAT and other semi engines and I need part numbers my cousin works at a truck shop and I got some friends at cat so I can get stuff at cost just need numbers. Any pointers on this or pics of setups would also be nice I need ideas. I also need pump ideas Thanks.

get a baldwin 1212 filter w/remote mount base and adapters for 1/2 fuel lines or whatever your going to run(think my set-up was $50).... Mount it on the frame rail in front of your pump

Ok so filter before lift pump. Any ideas on pumps I dont need an a1000 I think.

filter needs to be mounted between lift pump & engine, pumps can push better than they can pull

ya i would put the filter after the pump, also you could go to napa and get a universal spin fliter mount for fuel, i bought one for a tranny filter but they could be used for anything with the right filter, they have to get in thier books to fined it, iirc

Ok so filter before lift pump. Any ideas on pumps I dont need an a1000 I think.

in front of your pump...meaning pump first, filter second. I had no luck at napa. I looked through the books myself and couldnt find a filter(fuel or hydro) that would flow decent...or a base that i could run half inch lines. i had to go to a filter/fitting shop. Either way, good luck

filter needs to be mounted between lift pump & engine, pumps can push better than they can pull

There should still be a screen of some sort prior to the pump but the main filter should be post.

wildman6bt, I personally don't think you're going to save much if anything trying to piece a lift pump setup together vs. going with a FASS or Airdog. If one of those two pump setups will support what you're looking to do then just buy it. You'll be money and time ahead, and this is coming from someone who already tried "reinventing the wheel" on fuel systems. If you need more than what they can deliver, that is another story.

Mondtster I'm thinking you are right on that. Thanks for the info guys.

Back